CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #1  

ford15005

Tractor
Iseki TX1410F
Yes, they're both owned by AGCO but besides color, any differences?
Specifically, I'm considering CAT MT265B vs the MF 1531. Both will have FEL, 6' finish mower & box blade. MF is about $1000 less on first quote.
I was thinking hydrostatic transmission but, CAT rep recommends 16x16 PowerShuttle. I understand that's a whole different debate.
One dealer is about 1/2 hour away & the other is about 1 hr but with 4 stores within 120 miles.
Any and all insights would be appreciated.

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #2  
I guess 1K is a lot of money that you could use for more attachments. Cat in my experience has always been a bit more. Now thats just my experience and may differ with others. Which dealer do you like the best. Which dealer do you think will give you the best service after the sale? Again the 1K is a big difference but over a 20 year period it may not be that much. Who is giving you financing and what are the rates, this does not make any difference if your paying cash unless you can get free interest for one year.

Me, unless the 1K less dealer is a total jerk that is where I would be going. Maybe check in to some other brands and see where your pricing is compared to yours.

murph

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #3  
If CAT figures there name is worth extra on the tractor, they probably feel the same way about parts and labor.

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #4  
The website shows Challenger as either an 8x8 or 12x12 in the 265B, or HST. The 1531 is HST only, so you'd apparently have to go to the 1533 gear which is 8x8 or 12x12 according to that website. Maybe I'm missing the 16x16 somewhere, but I don't think there's $1000 worth of difference between them.

As was said, you'll probably also pay more for any needed parts in the future.

You like the yellow better than the red, to the tune of $1000 go for the challenger. Otherwise buy another attachment instead for the Massey.

John

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #5  
You don't know what difference the B makes in MT265B do you? The straight number Cat MT265 was the same as the MF 1250. I know that when Cat first started selling these compacts, they were a series behind MF. In other words, MF had the newest models. I just wonder is the "B" is the same as the MF 1433. If an one knows anything about this, let me know. The "31s" have always been a smaller chassis than the 33s. If this is still right, the two tractors mentioned would not be equivalent.

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #6  
I too was looking at Challenger,Massey and Agco. As I see it the Massey 1533 replaces the 1433. Challenger MT 265 was the same as 1433 and Agco ST 35. The MT 265 B might be the new 1533 and I see Agco has new ST 34 A. Are you all confused yet? me too. I think I'm going with my first real love the Kioti CK 30 less money. The only thing I don't understand is both have the same engine size more or less but Massey has 3 h.p. more. Good Luck

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #7  
I have lots of information on the larger 1200s and 1400s, but I don't have the crosses to the 15s yet.

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #8  
I spent several minutes going over the two models on their respective websites Thus my comment on getting the 1533 as it appears to be the match.
John

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #9  
If you are talking about the 265, the 265, 1250, ST35 & the ST35X all are listed as having the same engine and as being the same tractor, but the 1433 has the same engine but isn't the same tractor. The 1533 was the replacement for the 1433.