CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #11  
None of the compacts have Perkins.

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #12  
One other thought that may be off the wall: I think things in general are more expensive at places who sell mostly to commercial accounts than to individuals. Commercial accounts are less likely to question price since they are making good money off the equipment. And most commercial buyers aren't spending their own money. I'd bet the Cat dealer is mostly commercial but won't speculate on MF.

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #13  
For the benefit of those reading, attached is photo of a Challenger by one of its big brothers. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 657125-Web May 2005 047.jpg
    657125-Web May 2005 047.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 800
   / CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson
Thank you for all the insightful responses. Some clarifications; the CAT Challenger MT265B appears to be more similar to the MF 1533 than the 1531. In light of that, the CAT package is $1100 less!!! In addition, the MF dealer has not been very responsive... for over a week I've been waiting for lease terms. I e-mailed 'em Thursday as a reminder & called the owner today...no response. As some of your mentioned, makes me question if I ever need service or support.
I'll keep you posted.
Also, the 16x16 tranny is the PowerShuttle on the CAT per their brochure specs.

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson
Thanks for your help. Because of your happiness with your Kioti, I called an area retailer. In this area, Kioti appears to be sold by a few farm supply stores (they're all about 1 1/2 hours away); no one seems to be too knowledgeable other than to take an order.

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What is the url for the CAT MT265B? )</font> MT265B

It's a PDF file, so you'll need Adobe Reader.
John

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #18  
Jerry- Perkins does have a small compact engine. Do you think that Caterpiller will have that put in their compact tractors?
Chuck M.

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #19  
<font color="blue"> Jerry- Perkins does have a small compact engine. Do you think that Caterpiller will have that put in their compact tractors?
Chuck M.</font>
I don't think that they will at any time in the near future. There reason is, because the Challenger compacts as well as the larger Challengers are supplied by AGCO. AGCO has had a long time contract with Iseki for the compacts. I would love to see a compact with a small Perkins, they are great engines.

/ CAT Challenger vs Massey Ferguson #20  
<font color="blue"> The CAT Challenger MT265B appears to be more similar to the MF 1533 than the 1531. </font>
The 265 and the 1533 as well has he same or very similar engine, normally the 31s are smaller chassis but I haven't seen a 1531. The "B" part is what throw me off. If the 265B is indeed the same as the 1533 and not the older model, that would be a good deal, unless the dealer is bad.