caterpillar and case tractors not discussed?

/ caterpillar and case tractors not discussed? #11  
All CAT wheel and rubber track tractors, are AGCO's painted yellow...

CAT did have a big hand in the design of some of them, but AGCO owns the plant they are built in...

SR
Cat had some input, but mostly it was Fendt designed and improved. Fendt makes one of the finest tractors in the world.

/ caterpillar and case tractors not discussed? #12  
Cat had some input, but mostly it was Fendt designed and improved. Fendt makes one of the finest tractors in the world.
Not exactly, CAT already was making the track tractors, when AGCO bought the plant... Fendt never had anything to do with that, although they do now.

CAT tractors are the same as AGCO tractors, they use parts from several divisions of AGCO, but mostly Massey...

SR

/ caterpillar and case tractors not discussed? #13  
Not exactly, CAT already was making the track tractors, when AGCO bought the plant... Fendt never had anything to do with that, although they do now.

CAT tractors are the same as AGCO tractors, they use parts from several divisions of AGCO, but mostly Massey...

SR
The present Challenger tractors only share one aspect of their design with the old Cat Challenger, and that is in the track system. they basically took that running gear and built a Fendt on it. I toured the Challenger factory in Jackson, Minn last year.

/ caterpillar and case tractors not discussed? #14  
Cat didn’t sell its ag line to AGCO a few years ago - it was in 2001. However some Cat dealers had got into ag big time so AGCO kept the Challenger name to sell through those Cat dealers. So Challengers are Massey-Fergusons. AGCO also owns Fendt so there is commonality but they keep the Fendt line separate as super premium.

/ caterpillar and case tractors not discussed? #15  
Your local government probably got the lowest bid from caterpillar/case companies.Does not necessarily mean it is better equipment.
He is in New York, and the municipalities are obliged to buy from the state purchase agreement which is a Statewide bid process where are the various vendors bid yearly or every couple years to see who is going to supply the tractors, trucks, computers, fuel, waste disposal, etc, etc, etc.
Caterpillar/Case most likely won the bid for whatever size tractors it is that they are buying.

Aaron Z

/ caterpillar and case tractors not discussed? #16  
Your local government probably got the lowest bid from caterpillar/case companies.Does not necessarily mean it is better equipment.

But it may mean they are the only ones bidding on municipal and local government bidness.

Often the vendors on the buyboard are limited.

Edit: I see azclzn gave a good explanation of the buyboard impact before I did.

TBS

/ caterpillar and case tractors not discussed?
Cat didn’t sell its ag line to AGCO a few years ago - it was in 2001. However some Cat dealers had got into ag big time so AGCO kept the Challenger name to sell through those Cat dealers. So Challengers are Massey-Fergusons. AGCO also owns Fendt so there is commonality but they keep the Fendt line separate as super premium.
I don't know about them being Massey-Fergusons, since the Cat challenger series have much better specs..

/ caterpillar and case tractors not discussed? #18  
I don't know about them being Massey-Fergusons, since the Cat challenger series have much better specs..

Made in the same plant in Jackson, MN. At least the large farm tractors for North America. I keep track as I get retirement checks from Cat and AGCO. But Cat dealers can request their own optioning for Challenger and being retired I wouldn’t know. I only get my 10% employee discount from Cat dealers.

/ caterpillar and case tractors not discussed? #19  
He is in New York, and the municipalities are obliged to buy from the state purchase agreement which is a Statewide bid process where are the various vendors bid yearly or every couple years to see who is going to supply the tractors, trucks, computers, fuel, waste disposal, etc, etc, etc.
Caterpillar/Case most likely won the bid for whatever size tractors it is that they are buying.

Aaron Z
That would make sense..thanks..

/ caterpillar and case tractors not discussed? #20  

I've operated Cat loaders from 936 to 992 size in all the series. I always thought Cat was the very best.....until I ran the newest Komatsu's.

And like you say, gov and municipality is all lowest price bid. We have a big Cat dealer in my area. But the city that is close to me got all John Deere graders and Case loaders and we don't have a dealer for them within 4 hours of town.