CC 3204 - Reverse PTO Disconnect Safety Switch - DISCONNECT - HOW? PLEASE!

/ CC 3204 - Reverse PTO Disconnect Safety Switch - DISCONNECT - HOW? PLEASE! #1  

OpticLite

Tractor
3204 and 682 Hydro
(Charlie [newbie] here. I posted the following in another forum and no responce, so maybe it belongs here...)

I have recently purchased a 2002, Cub Cadet 3204. I will preface to say I am the only operator of this machine and there are no children or animals w/in my mowing area! (Except a couple of Ground Hogs I hope I can get in at least forward!). Having a CC 682 Hydro for many years, that I just LOVE!, I cannot and will not tolerate the anti-revrse PTO/Gang disconnect functionality!!!! I think its the worst design feature especially w/ out an inherent manual overide setting option! I know and wholeheartedly agree why it should be equipped but give the owner the overide option too! OK, How do I disconnect something so I can keep mowing in reverse? I haven't figured out how the remove the mower gang so I am hoping someone familiar w/ the 3204 model can explain how I can do it, as easily as possible, of course! Thank you in advance. Charlie. (The next question will be how can I retrofit the 3204 so I can shift from forward to reverse w/ a dashboard control lever like my wonderful old 682 Hydro does! I miss that transmission/speed arm control so much - compared to foot pedals that is!)
DSCN04820151.jpgDSCN0325.jpg

/ CC 3204 - Reverse PTO Disconnect Safety Switch - DISCONNECT - HOW? PLEASE! #2  
Look under the machine for the linkage from the foot pedal. You will see a switch that get activated when you push the pedal to reverse. Just bend the tab that pushes the switch so it doesn't function.

/ CC 3204 - Reverse PTO Disconnect Safety Switch - DISCONNECT - HOW? PLEASE! #3  
The next question will be how can I retrofit the 3204 so I can shift from forward to reverse w/ a dashboard control lever like my wonderful old 682 Hydro does! I miss that transmission/speed arm control so much - compared to foot pedals that is!

Me too, I love to learn of a kit to fix that knee killer.

/ CC 3204 - Reverse PTO Disconnect Safety Switch - DISCONNECT - HOW? PLEASE! #4  
Just to add... mower must come out to get to switch, and tab.

/ CC 3204 - Reverse PTO Disconnect Safety Switch - DISCONNECT - HOW? PLEASE!
Thank you OldM and GTSR! We can still dream Savage! Not getting very far.... Had to cut/mow again w/ that #%&(_+!@ switch being operational. Beforehand I located a switch that was secured through the right side frame (under the footrest flare) that I ultimately determined to be sensing the brake pedal movement. I removed one bolt and swiveled it away from pedal movement and that only caused the inability to start the engine... I was so hoping but swing and a miss.. Put back and engine started. OK, I am prepared to finally learn how to remove the mower gang. (remember this machine is new to me and certainly different than my old baby which I know inside and out, that痴 in the shed crying from abandonment, but willing to jump back on her lawn if asked, if I break the new one...) Anyway, I am still unable to locate the OTHER SWITCH I need to deal with. If you look at the Brake and Pedals section of the Parts Manual, I have messed w/ one of the two #9/#13 brackets that house the switch gizmo. Referring to that schematic I think the one I have located is the one right next to the Brake Pad part of the pedal, in the picture (left of #30). I can稚 find the other #9/#13 bracket/switch that痴 lurking in there somewhere (above #32). I have to think that痴 what I知 looking for, right? If that痴 it, where is it?Blow up.jpgScreenHunter_07 Jun. 29 17.32.jpg Thanks in advance guy's!

/ CC 3204 - Reverse PTO Disconnect Safety Switch - DISCONNECT - HOW? PLEASE!
BUMP (back up)

/ CC 3204 - Reverse PTO Disconnect Safety Switch - DISCONNECT - HOW? PLEASE! #8  
As GTSRider stated above you're going to have to drop the mower deck off to get to the reverse switch.

/ CC 3204 - Reverse PTO Disconnect Safety Switch - DISCONNECT - HOW? PLEASE! #9  
OpticLite with the deck off my wife operated the forward reverse pedal. Now with me on my back looking up at the moving linkages it was easy to see what had to be done.

ps. Anytime I'm worried about taking things apart I just take a lot of pictures first.