CEILING FAN LIGTHS BLINK THEN DIE IN TWO MONTHS

/ CEILING FAN LIGTHS BLINK THEN DIE IN TWO MONTHS
I had seen the youtube videos showing the current limiter but mine do not have a part that looks like that. I guess I'll just replace the sockets and eliminate the light pull cord. 20' from the floor so I don't see using the pull cord.

/ CEILING FAN LIGTHS BLINK THEN DIE IN TWO MONTHS #12  
Perhaps you have had numerous brief power outages that U are not aware of.
The on/off (off/on) pulses or spikes are hard on bulbs.

Last week we has 13 (thirteen) brief outages on our grid all over 72 hrs.
Most frustrating as everything has to re-boot and I fear for the effects on life expectancy.
My fridge sure does not like re starting mid power blip.

Now I tried to contact our provider but they have cleverly disactivated all the links so the only choice was the phone. (tried some 8-10 links, can't even copy/click)

Even the phone was super frustrating with all the useless information and no human contact.
They suggest to go on web or to use cell phone if web is down.
LOL, no power = no web, add that cell reception is very spotty here.

My take is branches make shorts and automatic breakers reset after a brief cooldown period, hence the 2-5 min outage.

/ CEILING FAN LIGTHS BLINK THEN DIE IN TWO MONTHS #13  
I installed a Hunter fan when we built this house - 1982. It lasted 27 years. One evening it began smoking. I turned it off - replaced with a new Hunter. It's been working fine for 12 years.

I didn't have/don't have light fixtures with either Hunter.

In my case I blame it on all the dust and volcanic ash in this part of the country.

It's going to take a whole lot more time before the 1980 Mt St Helens eruption is no longer a factor around here.

Last edited:
   / CEILING FAN LIGTHS BLINK THEN DIE IN TWO MONTHS
I looked at the pull cord switch and saw " 6a 125vl " stamped on it. I assume this might be voltage limiter. It also has " 6a125vac " on it. Led 100w bulbs draw .83 amps according to what I read. So I hope bypassing the light switch fixes this . But does anyone know for sure what 6A 125vl stands for ?

/ CEILING FAN LIGTHS BLINK THEN DIE IN TWO MONTHS #15  
That switch appears to be rated for both AC and DC. Looks like that's a 6A 125 VDC rating.

/ CEILING FAN LIGTHS BLINK THEN DIE IN TWO MONTHS #16  
I too had a problem with my leds blinking, replaced one of the leds with a Incandescent bulb and they no longer blink. Has to do with the leds charging and discharging.