Celebrities I have met

/ Celebrities I have met #91  
I hate awards...especially if I am the winner. If my boss wants to recognize my work, quietly give me a bonus, a meal voucher, attaboy, a day off, whatever. But for Pete's sake, don't call me out in public or publish anything. Teacher of the year 'winners' end up doing public service type videos and such for the district. No Thanks. I won a series of quarterly performance awards in an old job. The reward was lunch with the VP and other department winners. The VP turned a lunch at a nice place into work...that would be fine if it was not supposed to be a reward. I eventually told my boss to give it to someone else.

I am not impressed by celebrities. I happened to be connected to a few.

/ Celebrities I have met
As a general rule, I am not impressed by celebrities either; especially what we have today. But, as they say, you couldn't have horse races without a difference of opinion. As a kid, though, I admired Roy Rogers because he was a famous cowboy (from New York); and a good Christian man. My hero at age 10.
Sometime ago, someone asked me the following question: "If you could do anything in the world, that you wanted to do, what would it be?"
My answer: "I would like to take a ride with Chuck Yeager in his P-51 Mustang". Chuck has since passed on, at nearly 100 years of age, but an interesting guy. Yeah, I read his book.

/ Celebrities I have met #93  
Back in the early 80s I owned a Pizza place in Atascadero Ca. Sandy Koufax lived in Templeton one town over, he would come in from time to time for Pie. One time he came in and I asked him if he would sign a baseball to my father, he said sure, what a sweet guy! When my dad passed the ball was nowhere to be found!⚾

/ Celebrities I have met #94  
Back in the early 80s I owned a Pizza place in Atascadero Ca. Sandy Koufax lived in Templeton one town over, he would come in from time to time for Pie. One time he came in and I asked him if he would sign a baseball to my father, he said sure, what a sweet guy! When my dad passed the ball was nowhere to be found!

That is pretty cool.

Biggest baseball star I’ve met is Ozzie Smith. He was very nice to me. Didn’t have to be but was.

MoKelly

/ Celebrities I have met #95  
My answer: "I would like to take a ride with Chuck Yeager in his P-51 Mustang". Chuck has since passed on, at nearly 100 years of age, but an interesting guy. Yeah, I read his book.
My brother was stationed at Edwards AFB and was able to meet Gen. Yeager a few times. In fact, one of Yeager's Rolex magazine ads has my brother's leg in it. Brother was on the other side of an F15 with Yeager in the foreground.

/ Celebrities I have met #96  
Love General Chuck Yeager. Maybe one of my all time favorite people. Came to us from West Virginia as a man who was salt of the earth, yet so brave and skilled. A true warrior patriot and hero.
May God Bless him in His Eternal Kingdom.

/ Celebrities I have met #97  
^^^ Chuck was a great man!!!!

/ Celebrities I have met #98  
It’s sad to see the last of the great ones like him dying off. True pioneers of the modern era. He’d be rolling in his grave if he saw our new snowflake society ❄️😢

/ Celebrities I have met #100  
The only celebrity I can recall meeting was the 9th man on the moon and the first Commander of the Space Shuttle program. Everyone else pales into insignificance.