cell phone signal repeater

/ cell phone signal repeater #21  
About 8 years ago, I got rid of my land line and installed a Wilson Electronics repeater inside and an outside antenna. I only had one problem with it and rebooting cured that problem. Antenna is on a collapsible, 30 foot pole.
hugs, Brandi
Brandi, could you tell me more about the collapsible pole you are using.

/ cell phone signal repeater #22  
Brandi, could you tell me more about the collapsible pole you are using.
Bought it online. You extend the first section and clamp it tight, then extend the 2nd and third sections and clamp them extended. I installed 3 guy wires at the top. Not much more to tell.

I made a TV 20 foot pole into a swing down pole with a huge T hinge for the support AND pivot for my disabled friend's TV pole. The treated 4x6 base has a u bolt holding the pole vertical.

Both poles are attached into the ground with a short section of treated 4x6 which is set in concrete.
hugs, Brandi

/ cell phone signal repeater #23  
I need to place my Wilson booster antenna roughly 1000 feet from my house to get excellent signal. We live in a valley. Signal loss on coax would be terrible. I would love to run fiber but am stopped by the cost of the equipment required to transfer to the fiber on both ends.
Anybody have any leads for cheaper or ideas.

/ cell phone signal repeater #24  
Other than putting in a tall antenna, no. Our house is tucked in a valley behind a hill, which is great for weather resistance and cool summer breezes, but not so great for cell signals or broadcast tv.

Legally, I don't know of anything. The length of coax and the resulting loss of signal issue is what stopped us from putting cellular amplifier in. After going down a few rabbit holes, we eventually came around to the concept of Starlink and WiFi calling. Of course, if you happen to have a better internet solution than Starlink, that would be even better.

One purveyor of equipment pointed out that in the US, it is illegal to repeat a cell signal out of doors without permission from the carrier, but that they had many clients in Mexico that were doing that. Wink, wink... Personally, I have my doubts as to coverage, since reading the specifications most of these amplifiers / antenna pairs have coverage of 1000sq.ft. or so.

All the best,

Peter

/ cell phone signal repeater #25  
Voice over IP lets you make and receive cell calls anywhere the wifi reaches. It works great on the wife's Motorola, I have to reboot my LG daily for it to work reliably.

/ cell phone signal repeater #26  
looking at getting a cell signal repeater with an outdoor antenna. we have good service if you can stick your arm 20 feet up in the air, or walk up the hill, but not at ground level.

we are on Verizon but multiple bands would be best, as we have family on at&t.

any suggestions? we do use wifi calling but it seems to miss calls for some reason.
We bought a less expensive "Amazboost A1 " from amazon which was on sale for $200 -mainly to boost the mobley transmit signal.
It does both verizon and att phones and can handle multiple units simultaneously

Been very happy with it.

speed tests on the mobley were similar on download 15-20Mbs but went from very low upload to around 5 Mbs up

It also has lights to show when the device signals are interfering with each other/ They mean it on these units that you need X amount of space and height between the units external antenna.

Once I got that done and the antenna aimed correctly it has worked really well, have 8 months of use so far.

If you have the extra coin, the We boost and Wilson models seem to have really good reviews

Last edited: