Oil & Fuel Century 2535 fuel leak

/ Century 2535 fuel leak #1  

Huckster

Bronze Member
I have a fuel leak on my tractor. It only leakes when it is running. I have looked, but can not figure out where it is coming from. It doesn't appear to be the line. Any thoughts, suggestions?

/ Century 2535 fuel leak #2  
Huckster said:
I have a fuel leak on my tractor. It only leakes when it is running. I have looked, but can not figure out where it is coming from. It doesn't appear to be the line. Any thoughts, suggestions?

It would help to have a general idea where the leak is. Up by the engine, under the seat, etc. If only when running, that narrows it down a bunch. There is a transfer pump up on the firewall, so you can trace those hoses both directions, then there is a small return hose that goes from the last injector to one of the tanks. I'd look at those hoses and connections.

/ Century 2535 fuel leak
it seems to be coming from near the tank. I cant really pinpoint it but when I looked at it, it seemed to be flowing down from near the tank. Do I need to take something off to be able to trace the whole fuel Line? I apologize, but I can not seem to be able to find it.

/ Century 2535 fuel leak #4  
Huckster said:
it seems to be coming from near the tank. I cant really pinpoint it but when I looked at it, it seemed to be flowing down from near the tank. Do I need to take something off to be able to trace the whole fuel Line? I apologize, but I can not seem to be able to find it.

If you remove the floormat and then remove the metal floor plates you will then be able to see the tanks quite well. It may be worth the 20 minutes it takes to do this.

/ Century 2535 fuel leak
Dave thanks for the advice. I did as you suggested and it looks like the leak is coming from the fuel filter. I could not get it off but when I started it up, there was fuel coming out of it. Any suggestions? Replace the filter? is there a gasket in there? Sorry for the dumb questions but this is my first go around with this...

/ Century 2535 fuel leak #6  
Huckster -
Just had that happen on my Century 3035 (same as Branson). I replaced the o-ring gasket in the glass jar but that didn't help. Took the fuel filter into a Branson dealer. He tried a different O-Ring and that didn't help. He could either replace the glass jar for $20 or the entire fuel filter assembly for $49.
No brainer to me. Bought/installed the new filter (follow instructions on bleeding lines - pretty simple) - no problem since.

Dave - thanks for the info on access to under the deck. I wondered about that. Though my fuel filter is not under deck.

John
Afton,VA

/ Century 2535 fuel leak
Yea John my dealer told me to do the same thing. I am going to replace the whole assembly, just waiting for it to come in. Any tips on getting to it? Its pretty tight in there...

/ Century 2535 fuel leak #8  
If it is located on right rear side of engine, I had to remove the foot shield in front of brakes. The it's pretty easy. Remove the side panel (obviously).

/ Century 2535 fuel leak #9  
Hi guys I know this thread was from like 2006 but I'm dealing with the same problem now with my 2535. I was wondering if either one of you had the part number for the whole fuel filter assembly? I too have had it off replaced the O ring and still leaks. I was thinking about trying the JD part that was mentioned in here as a direct replacement for the sediment bowl only. Trying to find parts for these Century tractors is going to be a chore I guess.
I really love the Tractor it does everything I ask and with relative ease... except this fuel leaking thing.

Thanks for any help you can offer.