Century - Branson Controls

/ Century - Branson Controls #1  

Pacesetter300

Silver Member
Tractor
Century 3045
Just looking for comment on those who have used the C-B twins. In shopping, just about every brand tractor had a quirk or two (or more) with the operator controls that I didn't like. One thing with the Century was the placement of the throttle control. My size 11 boot found it awfully cramped between the brake pedal and the fender. I've never seen a comment here, but was wondering if anyone else noticed it and if it was a bother to you, how much of one?
Pacesetter

/ Century - Branson Controls #2  
It is rather squished in there, I agree. I mostly use the hand throttle, so it doesn't bother me very much. What bothers me more is the joystick hitting the hand throttle sometimes. Have to admit, though, these are small problems given how well the unit has performed thus far.

/ Century - Branson Controls #3  
It looks horrible at first glance, but works fine for me without discomfort. Isn't Kioti's in about the same place too?

SnowRidge

/ Century - Branson Controls #4  
I agree the foot throttle is a little...could be better but it is not a problem for me. I use both throttles, may use hand throttle more. My Century does not have a problem with the joystick hitting anything.

/ Century - Branson Controls #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My Century does not have a problem with the joystick hitting anything. )</font> I like the Century joystick, save for one thing--the hydraulic lines need to run under the deck to get to where they are on the fender. Given what my property looks like, I'm glad they are not under there!

/ Century - Branson Controls #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I like the Century joystick, save for one thing- -the hydraulic lines need to run under the deck to get to where they are on the fender. )</font>

I know the C-50 loader's joystick is fender mounted, but what about the C-30 andC-40. These are the same loaders as the Branson BL10 and BL20. Do they get a fender mounted joystick on Centurys too?

Just wondering.

SnowRidge

/ Century - Branson Controls #8  
Was I ever wrong, the loader control does hit the hand throttle at higher RPM levels. I have a C-40 loader and the control is not fender mounted.

/ Century - Branson Controls #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Was I ever wrong, the loader control does hit the hand throttle at higher RPM levels. I have a C-40 loader and the control is not fender mounted. )</font>

OK, maybe I've been misinterpreting this joystick/throttle issue. On my Branson 3520, the joystick will <font color="red"> just</font> touch the hand throttle when it (the joystick) is moved all the way to the left. The throttle has to be almost wide open for this to happen, and it does not impact joystick/loader operation.

Also, it does not cause a problem setting the throttle, as the joystick is centered whenever I move the hand throttle. As I've understood the issue, the complaints regarded the joystick interfering with the throttle, or vice-versa, thereby causing a loss of functionality.

If this is it, I can't see a problem, as the operator isn't going to be trying to operate both the joystick and hand throttle at the same time--unless he has two right hands. Someone enlighten me please.

SnowRidge

/ Century - Branson Controls
I believe the C-30 and C-40 loaders are the same as the Branson loader. The control valve/lever mounts on a bracket that attaches from below and is in the same place on both Branson and Century. The C-50 loader has the fender mount. I wasn't concerned in the position of the C-40 because i was interested in the C-50. Correct me, isn't the FEL use when you would be using the foot throttle so the lever wouldn't interfere with the hand throttle even if it did hit?
Pacesetter