Century PTO problem

/ Century PTO problem #1  

Huckster

Bronze Member
I have a 2535 and was using a brush hog today to mow a field and hit a rock that I did not see. After I hit the rock, the blades were still spinning but they seemed to have lost all their power. The shear pin on the brush hog did not break(bolt actually bent) it actually bent, and the PTO is still spinning but it doesnt seem to have the RPM's that it did before. Any advice on how to determine if its the PTO that is damaged or if its the brush hog? I dont have access to any other cutting implements to test. I use my tractor and brush hog to maintain my 21 acreas so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

/ Century PTO problem #2  
Huckster said:
I have a 2535 and was using a brush hog today to mow a field and hit a rock that I did not see. After I hit the rock, the blades were still spinning but they seemed to have lost all their power. The shear pin on the brush hog did not break(bolt actually bent) it actually bent, and the PTO is still spinning but it doesnt seem to have the RPM's that it did before. Any advice on how to determine if its the PTO that is damaged or if its the brush hog? I dont have access to any other cutting implements to test. I use my tractor and brush hog to maintain my 21 acreas so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

It sounds to me like you've bent something enough to make it bind, thereby robbing power and holding the revs down.
I would take stuff apart one step at a time and spin it by hand.
It should be obvious when you reach something that has a wobble, or just won't turn by hand (in neutral, with engine OFF, etc.)