Century's Lights

/ Century's Lights #1  

frankv

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 5525, Century 3045, Farmall A
Century\'s Lights

OK I've got about 38 hours on my 3045 and really love it. What seemed like a really huge tractor when it first showed up has grown to fit me like an old glove.

One complaint though is the front lights. I find that at the typical height I used to travel with the loader the lights are blocked. When I lift the loader higher to allow the lights to shine through the loader blocks my vision. There seems to be one sweet point where this setup will work.

I am anticipating the numerous times I get home from work and it 's dark and snow that needs to be cleared from the driveway.

Does Century sell an optional light kit that mounts to the ROPS or something to help with this?

/ Century's Lights #2  
Re: Century\'s Lights

frankv
Glad to here your tractor fits you like a glove. As for the lights sorry we do not any other add on lights. You can travel with the loader below the lights and not touching the ground. But I would agree it would be nice to have the lights a little higher.
Chipperman

/ Century's Lights #3  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I find that at the typical height I used to travel with the loader the lights are blocked. )</font>

You, me, and just about every other brand of tractor with front end loaders /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif. But all hope is not lost: do a search on auxilliary lighting and you will find some very creative ideas.

Mark

/ Century's Lights #4  

Frankv , I have a 3130 ,and the lights get blocked out at certain loader angles . As was suggested , put on Aux lights .
There is are bunch of post on this subject in the archives John

/ Century's Lights #5  

For this same reason and I think basically both machines are TYM,, I have tow 55 watt lights facing forward and two of the same facing rear. Mahindra's headlights are a joke and might as well not even be on the tractor. They, even with no loader, are very dim and not very useable. I do a 1600 ft driveway tht is up and down hilly, curves everywhere and after I'm done the commercial accounts, I usually get to do my own driveway in dark hours. The twin 55's are a life saver.

/ Century's Lights

Thanks everyone. I picked up a couple of 55watt halogen lights and will be mounting them soon. I'm planning on tapping of my back lights, which was recommended by the dealer.

/ Century's Lights #7  
can anyone help me find a Head Light Assembly for a 2003 Century 3045?

/ Century's Lights #8  
Hey guys, new here to the forum, as I just purchased a Century 3040. I'm needing to do some work on the lights in general as they just don't work. Not sure if it's a fuse issue or switch or what, but I'll figure it out soon enough. I pretty much always work after dark, after my kids are in bed. Recently I picked up a pack of 27W LED lights off Amazon for like $50 to light up my excavator. They light it up like daylight! I went to order the same but they were out of stock, so I got 48W instead. I'll be using these as needed on the tractor. The factory lights on the front end are just flat gone. I think the prior owner said he had stump roll back off the bucket and knock them off or something. On the excavator I just put gator clips to the battery terminals, but want to do better the next time. :) I hope to be able to wire in the aftermarket lights off my factory switch.

Anyway, after working with the excavator, I'm aware of hinge points for wiring and hoses. I'm planning to mount at least two lights along the boom, one on either side. These should help shine over and around the bucket, so even if it's in the way of the frame mounted lights (or brush guard, wherever they go) you still have lights. Probably will put a few up on the roll bar as well just to get a good high vantage point to light up the surroundings.

I just wanted to share that source for the very affordable LED's on Amazon. If you just search 24V LED lights you'll find them. They are a cast aluminum body, so they are light weight but still seem pretty durable. The hardware is a bit lacking. you might find you want longer mounting bolts. But I lit up the whole excavator for about $100 in lights and wire. I just looked for anywhere I could find a hole to mount one through and put on as many lights as I could. I think I have 8 on the cab, boom and stick. My advice is for sure LED's over halogen just for a bit more resistance to being jostled around.