Chain Saw Attachment for Tractor

/ Chain Saw Attachment for Tractor #1  

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
As difficult as it is to carry around a chainsaw on a tractor, this bolt on setup from Cabela's works great. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It is made to fit on ATV's but adding longer U-bolts to the carrier allows it to be attached to the ROPS easily. I can also carry a spare saw and fuel tank on the boxblade after bolting on a couple of pressure treated 2"X8" sections to the top of the box as seen in the photo.

Mounting on the rear ROPS keeps the saw out of the way allowing a good operational visual field, as well as keeping it from getting smashed from any attachments or trees, etc.

Attachments

• 540338-Chain Saw Attachment.jpg
    540338-Chain Saw Attachment.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,099
   / Chain Saw Attachment for Tractor #2  
Great Idea! If I had one of those, I never would have run over my wife's Stihl with the bush hog. It's two years later, and she STILL won't let me touch her new one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Chain Saw Attachment for Tractor
And I bet she made you PAY for her new saw too!

That is one mistake too many. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Chain Saw Attachment for Tractor #4  
Does the weight of the saw rest on the tip of the bar as the bar sits in the orange scabbard? I can't quite tell from the photo.

/ Chain Saw Attachment for Tractor
Sorry about that.

The orange scabbard is just the typical Stihl bar and chain protector.

In the first attachment pic I only originally had a short 12 inch orange scabbard, however I later got a full 24" one to allow the entire saw to fit down into it all the way.

What is holding the saw is the black metal section that has two 1/2" bolts through it to clamp down onto the orange plastic protector surrounding the chain saw bar & chain. It is coated on the inside a with thick spongey plastic covering to prevent vibration and loosening.

Attachments

• 540370-Prairie Grade7.jpg
    540370-Prairie Grade7.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 546
   / Chain Saw Attachment for Tractor #6  
Would you have a part # or link to the Cabela's item?

I looked at their web site, and couldn't find anything under ATV.
Thanks
Your attachment looks like a very good idea.

/ Chain Saw Attachment for Tractor #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Would you have a part # or link to the Cabela's item?
)</font>

beenthere,

I put one on an ATV a couple years back. Great item.
Luckily, there's now several manufacturers and the competition is driving prices down. They used to be $60. A google search for "atv chainsaw" gave several places (at varying prices. First hit has it for $39, second site, $49...)

Brian