Chained Tractor down for first time. Assess and Critique please.

/ Chained Tractor down for first time. Assess and Critique please. #1  

Soldier415

Platinum Member
Tractor
2001 Kubota L3010GST. 2005 Kubota L3430HSTC
First time securing it on new trailer, and will be my first trip. 2 hours each way. Tow vehicle is a 2015 Chevy 2500HD with duramax/allison

One 5/16 grade 70 chain through the front frame and secured with ratchet binder in the front. Wrapped and hooked excess chain

One 3/8 grade 70 chain through a clevis on the drawbar for the rear secured with a ratchet binder. wrapped and hooked excess chain.

One 3/8 grade 70 chain over the box blade secured with a boomer. Boomer is zip tied.

Pictures below. Let me know your thoughts on my setup.

rOOObey.jpg

kzfnPuQ.jpg

0jHizvH.jpg

XiqB8Y8.jpg

IFgiI4M.jpg

/ Chained Tractor down for first time. Assess and Critique please.
Two more

o8G52sl.jpg

kPZMHaB.jpg

/ Chained Tractor down for first time. Assess and Critique please. #3  
I always keep the hook on the stake pocket (pic4)when I tighten down, otherwise it's looks good.

I always keep the hook on the stake pocket (pic4)when I tighten down, otherwise it's looks good.

What do you mean? One end of the chain is dropped down through the stake pocket and hooked on it.

Definitely need some stake pocket D-rings

/ Chained Tractor down for first time. Assess and Critique please. #5  
Looks good, for easier use you might try hooking both ends of the hooks on to the rub rail / stake pockets. Then boom down the slack in the chain, not hook the hooks back onto the chain. Strictly a easier cleaner way to tie down for me, nothing wrong with what you did. Also i always put the boomers on the passenger side only. No need to be standing in traffic to check them or if you have to tighten one up for some reason. I also prefer to only hook the hooks as shown in your first picture, rear hook, passenger side where you dropped the chain down and around then back up and hooked.

/ Chained Tractor down for first time. Assess and Critique please. #7  
What do you mean? One end of the chain is dropped down through the stake pocket and hooked on it.

Definitely need some stake pocket D-rings
It fits!.jpeg

This how I hook mine.

/ Chained Tractor down for first time. Assess and Critique please. #8  
I think legally your supposed to have the bucket secured. (like you have the box blade) :confused3:

/ Chained Tractor down for first time. Assess and Critique please. #9  
I would move it back a little since you have room if it were me but otherwise looks ok

I would move it back a little since you have room if it were me but otherwise looks ok

I had it back with the rear tires between the axles when I had the snowblower attached and it rode really light on the tongue.