Chainsaw Issues

/ Chainsaw Issues #21  
Glad your at least trying to fix it, if nothing else it will make a good backup. I hate throwing things out that can be relatively easily fixed but there is a point of diminishing returns too. I believe that the exhaust is held on by allen head bolts. I think they're 5mm, but i could be wrong. Try soaking them with penetrating fluid, and a little heat wont hurt. Steel bolts into aluminum can be a bear. You could try to drill the heads off the bolts and replace if all else fails.

Last edited:
   / Chainsaw Issues #22  
I think there might be some type of removable Loc-Tite you can use for exhaust bolts.

I once had a Homelite CS50 where I removed the muffler once and it was never the same. It kept coming loose and I finally ran it without a muffler. Louder than heck (even with double hearing protection, earplugs and muffs)) and people complained about noise a 1/2 mile away. If I opened my mouth, the sound waves would rattle my teeth. It was that loud.

I wouldn't recommend this as I've heard it's not good for the engine (something about back pressure) but I'm not an engine guy so I could be wrong. There's also the issue around starting fires and general noise pollution.

But let me tell ya....it sure had a lot of power at the point. :D

/ Chainsaw Issues
I am going to try to fix it. I discussed with the boss " Fiancee' " about getting a new saw eventually just because we use it so much. I am currently soaking the bolts. They are 5mm allen heads. I will probably get lock tight to reassemble it. I must have knew it was coming though because I already had a tune up kit for it.:rolleyes:

/ Chainsaw Issues
Well, I managed to fix the Husky. It cuts well but I have my doubts on it lasting another 10 years. I stopped at the local TW Perry with the women and looked at Stihl chainsaws. Since there is no one around here that will work on a Husky. I walked out with a new MS 390 for about $450. I use it on a large tree yesterday and it seems like it is going to be a great saw. I am still going to use the husky for small stuff. Thank's for all the suggestions.

/ Chainsaw Issues #25  
I bought an MS390 four years ago and it worked very well so far. Good amount of power for the price. The one thing that I slightly dislike about it is that the fuel tank is bit small for the saw. Have to refill more often then I'd like but not that big deal tho. You will like having that Husky for the smaller work.