chainsaws

/ chainsaws #12  
I used to use a Stihl MS250 and didn't have any trouble at all. I realized that I needed a larger saw and sold it to a good friend who still uses it. Great little light saw.
I'm sure the Husky is just as good but I never owned one.

/ chainsaws #13  
If you up the ante, then would want to look at a Stihl MS260, replacement to the older 026 series. Awesome saw...

Aint the Dolmar the one they talk about getting used from Home Depot rental(ie rebadged as Makita)?

Neither saw is a true pro-grade saw. They are both home-owner/budget saws offered by the manufacture at lower prices.

They both weigh about the same but the stihl, being 5cc larger, will have more power. 3.0 HP for the stihl and 2.4 for the husky.

If it is in your budget, and you have a dealer around, check out a dolmar 5100. They are talked highly of on arboristsite.com They are a true pro saw, 51cc and 3.9 HP will cut circles around either you mentioned and they run around $400. They also offer some smaller models in the 40-45cc range that will cost less, but If you have a dealer for them nearby, I reccomend giving them a look. They make a quality saw and usually cost less than comparable stihl and husky models.

/ chainsaws #14  
Don't discount Echo saws. I have a CS 510, 10 years old, and a CS 680 along with a Echo blower, weedeater, and a 17' pole saw. They are not cheap, but very dependable and very easy starting. 5 year consumer warranty and if I am reading some articles correctly, they are one of the only companies that are having an easy time with meeting new EPA regulations. I have heard rumors that a lot of companies are having trouble meeting regulations so they are starting to come out with 4 stroke saws and other outdoor power equipment. These saws are also warranteed to burn up to 10% ethanol blend without effecting warranty. I really like this brand.

/ chainsaws #16  
I use Husqvarna 455, sweet saw, never have problems with it. Before that I had Solo 651 and that thing had never ending problems with oil for the bar and eventually died. I had it serviced quite few times and changed that stupid plastic piece of oil pump myself and it never lasted.

/ chainsaws #17  
Aint the Dolmar the one they talk about getting used from Home Depot rental(ie rebadged as Makita)?

That is correct. The Dolmar 6400/Makita 6401