Chamberlain

/ Chamberlain #1  

daedong

Veteran Member
Some time ago i think i posted one of these but i will do it again
This is a chamberlain tractor (9G) is aussie built tractor. they sold here like hot cakes up untill the mid 80s. In the late 80s John Deere bought them out and continued to produce them up untill the mid 90s.
These tractors were built on a chassis, enabling major repairs without splitting the tractor.
There is still a cult following here for these tractors, with many taken on tours around the country,as they have a very high gear, they are fast on the road, over 30mph. This picture was taken today and by its number plate it was about 1500 miles from home

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( )</font>
7824bits_007-med.jpg

/ Chamberlain #2  
Is that a 2 seater? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

It's a cool looking tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

What's the hp rating on that beast? It looks like the doors are permanent, even though the top is obviously removable.

Is it purely an ag tractor, or with that speed capability, is it used for things we in the states haven't even thought of?

Very interesting Vin! Thanks for posting the pic. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Chamberlain #3  
I don't know much about Chamberlain tractors. They always intrigued me, but I never had a lot of information about them.
What engine configuration does it have? A opposed-twin cylinder?
Did Chamberlain make the engine themselves or was it sourced from a supplier?

/ Chamberlain
I must say i am not an expert on Chamberlain tractors but, yes they were twin bench seat, this particular one would be about 70HP and to my knowledge they all had Perkins motors. They are the heaviest tractor i have ever seen manly because of the channel chassis. I drove these in the 70s as shunt tractors in the railways, they had 1" steel buffers front and back. The abuse these things took was nothing short of amazing.

/ Chamberlain #5  
That is a really neat tractor. Reminds me a little of the Minniapolis Moline tractors that doubled as a family car. Very cool.

Cliff

/ Chamberlain #6  
That's a cool looking tractor! It looks like it is in a hurry just sitting there! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Chamberlain #8  
What a neat looking tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'd love to own one just for the sake of having it. I could have a lot of fun with one just at tractor shows, etc. I wonder if there are any here in the states. Are those things somewhat available around you? Could one be bought somewhat readily? It's really a neat looking machine. Thanks for sharing the picture. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Chamberlain
GARY

You can still buy the odd one probably for 2 or 3 K still, One interesting point is they were made from amost standard (off the self parts).

/ Chamberlain #10  
Gary,

I don't even want to think about what the shipping costs would be to get one of those literally half way around the world. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Dave