Change over to turf wheels and tires?

/ Change over to turf wheels and tires? #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
I'm just mulling this idea around in my head. and know it won't be inexpensive, but.......

I would get much more utility with the Hurlimann 435 if were sitting on turf tires.

Without a SDF dealer within well, forever, A general inquiry with the salesman is a difficult proposition.

I took a look on "Tractor Data" to see id the turf wheel and tire sizes were listed, but didn't see anything relatable.

I'm now looking for references that show commercially available (common) tractor wheel and tire sizes so I can start searching for replacement options.

I'm set up well for tooling and equipment if wheel blanks would need drilling. the bolt on "lugs" for tread width etc would be a differnt issue.

Just looking for ideas on where to start.

TIA

/ Change over to turf wheels and tires? #2  
Permissible "tyre" combinations for Solaris 35 which is the same tractor per tractordata:

1700537659105.png

Also states what the correct front to rear tire ratio is:

1700537976952.png

If you strike out on wheels, try Hey Wheel in Kansas -they can sell you centers for just about any lug/hub combo including custom along with rings you can weld together at whatever offset you want. I used them one time for a 40 year old grey market Japanese mfwd front wheels which were unobtanium and it worked out quite well

Last edited:
   / Change over to turf wheels and tires?
Thanks!

/ Change over to turf wheels and tires? #4  
   / Change over to turf wheels and tires?
BTW that link seems to have the entire owner's manual as I'm assuming you don't have one
I was just perusing that manual contents and have it book marked.

Lots of similarity that's for sure! I've seen other's For the SAME. Lamborghini& Hurlimann "look A likes".

Great little tractors!

/ Change over to turf wheels and tires? #6  
I'm just mulling this idea around in my head. and know it won't be inexpensive, but.......

I would get much more utility with the Hurlimann 435 if were sitting on turf tires.

Without a SDF dealer within well, forever, A general inquiry with the salesman is a difficult proposition.

I took a look on "Tractor Data" to see id the turf wheel and tire sizes were listed, but didn't see anything relatable.

I'm now looking for references that show commercially available (common) tractor wheel and tire sizes so I can start searching for replacement options.

I'm set up well for tooling and equipment if wheel blanks would need drilling. the bolt on "lugs" for tread width etc would be a differnt issue.

Just looking for ideas on where to start.

TIA
A word of caution. I thought a turf would be softer riding than the industrials so I ordered a set of Titan I think surfs for the rear of my 25 hp tractor. Got them in and the sidewall was stiff enough to just about hold up the tractor with no air.. They are sitting in the barn.

/ Change over to turf wheels and tires? #7  
Turf tires are a joke!!!! NO traction at all AND they have the same carcuss as bar tread tires do! Go with bar design that has bars close together OR long bar short bar and never look back. I use long bar short bar on every tractor I put new tires on.