Changing Hydro fluid on ZTR

/ Changing Hydro fluid on ZTR #1  

BigDamnFool

Tractor
Kubota L3400 HST
I'm doing spring maintanance on my ZTR and was wondering what most people do when changing hydro fluid. Should I just spin off the old filters, drain what comes out and replace filter and refill system. Or should I go a little further and pull off the tanks and drain and clean them. I know that dirt is the enemy of hydro systems and that the more you take apart the system the more chance of introducing more dirt. It seems to drive fine and there are no leaks but I always try to overdo what really needs to be done. Mower has about 600 hours on it and filters have been changed on a regular basis. Should I do the little extra or is it not worth it. Thanks.

Tiny

/ Changing Hydro fluid on ZTR #2  
Not sure what type unit you have, but I'd at least drain the main reservoir, change the filter (external) and refill w/ correct new fluid. My machine also has drain plugs at each wheel pump, but the manual did not note draining fluid from there also - may need to check your manual for more info on the particular unit you have. It seems they all vary somewhat. Be careful during refill - can be really easy to overfill.

/ Changing Hydro fluid on ZTR
om21braz,

Thanks for the reply. Mower is a Ferris. Older model with the metal fenders. I don't have the drain plugs on the wheel motors, wish I did. Manual says to just change the filters and refill the tanks. I've got the machine torn down to where the oil tanks are only a few more bolts to remove. Figure I'll take them off and clean the tanks out completely. There always seems to be a little dirt that you can't get out just by evacuating systems. I'm planning on also taking the lines off at the wheel motors and draining the system as much as possible. After all, what could I possibly screw up!!!!!!!!!!! And if I do Pumps And Wheel motors are really cheap............$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thanks for the advice.

Tiny