Changing out bench seats

/ Changing out bench seats #1  

jgh

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TN90F; B3000 Kubota; Bobcats 430 & A300; Liebherr 621C, Exmark laser Z, 2 sawmills

Has anyone changed out the bench seat in their RTV, Mule or other UV so equipped, for buckets? Can you cite sources, cost, etc, for same?

That is a sticking point for deciding on which one we like--bench seats are not our fav.

Thanks!

Jim
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Changing out bench seats #2  
Can't help you but sure do understand what you mean. I like the RTV but that bench is not the most comfy seat is it?

/ Changing out bench seats #3  
And I was about to comment on your other thread, the bench is a plus for us, it allows us to get another person into the cab area of the RTV.

I view bucket seats as limiting safe travel companions.

Personally I think you'll be sitting a lot higher if you swap a bucket for the bench in the RTV. That may change the whole feel of the machine for you. And, I really have NOT even looked at the engineering to do that. So take my opinion very lightly.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Changing out bench seats #4  
We like the bucket seats on our HPX. I do not know how they would work/fit on a RTV...

/ Changing out bench seats #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That is a sticking point for deciding on which one we like)</font>

Jim,

I posted a response on your thread "HPX vs Bobcat 2200 vs RTV" about what I would do in your case. If you ended up with 2 machines that were a tie in my response to that thread, you could use this as a "tie breaker".

Personally, I like Mike Z prefer the capability for a 3rd person. It's also easier to slide in when you want/need to get in/out of the machine from the passenger side.

/ Changing out bench seats #6  
According to my John Deere dealer, not having a bench seat for the Gators has lost John Deere a lot of sales. Lots of people need to carry a third person. I like the buckets over the bench; I drove a Kudota and didn't feel as comfortable on the bench as I do on the HPX.