Charging valve / hydraulic accumulator

/ Charging valve / hydraulic accumulator #11  
Any pics of said accumulator?

/ Charging valve / hydraulic accumulator
Any pics of said accumulator?
Here you go!

On the charging valve;
D815E749-598C-4198-9BC7-67B245342A1F.jpeg
I believe that the nearest hydraulic hose is the control circuit, the one above it is the brake circuit, while the two large bore hoses are the inlet from the pump, and the output to steering and FEL/QA circuits.

Close up;
7066897C-E600-4260-9435-3C5A19AB607F.jpeg

It is about 2.4” in diameter by 6” tall.

All the best,

Peter

P.S. I added photos to the first post as well.

Last edited:
   / Charging valve / hydraulic accumulator #13  
The smaller models (425, 1430) have a charging valve somewhere on the radial tram pump, don’t they?

/ Charging valve / hydraulic accumulator #14  
The smaller models (425, 1430) have a charging valve somewhere on the radial tram pump, don’t they?
No. They are talking about the charging on the brakes, i believe. 425 doesnt have brakes.

Maybe you're thinking of the charge pump in the tram pump?

/ Charging valve / hydraulic accumulator #15  
No. They are talking about the charging on the brakes, i believe. 425 doesnt have brakes.

Okay, I see. Yeah, I was talking about the charge pump in the tram. Thanks for clearing that up for me 👍

Exactly. Yes, the larger tractors have brakes that are on by default until enough pressure builds up in the brake hydraulic circuit to keep them off. I think that the 1445 & 1845 raise the pressure automatically through the charging valve and a solenoid, while the slope mowers have it pumped up by hand.

All the best,

Peter

/ Charging valve / hydraulic accumulator #17  
Yep, I see why they are not repairable, they crimped the two base covers on the barrel. I see plenty of air cylinders with the same setup.

Yep, I see why they are not repairable, they crimped the two base covers on the barrel. I see plenty of air cylinders with the same setup.
Yes Parker has a number of patents on the crimp design, and a special five "bladed" gasket. The gasket cross section looks rather like a double ogee design.

The technicians at my local repair shop mentioned that the manufacturer of this design had been purchased by Parker some time ago.

All the best,

Peter

/ Charging valve / hydraulic accumulator #19  
Exactly. Yes, the larger tractors have brakes that are on by default until enough pressure builds up in the brake hydraulic circuit to keep them off. I think that the 1445 & 1845 raise the pressure automatically through the charging valve and a solenoid, while the slope mowers have it pumped up by hand.

All the best,

Peter

On my 1850 we have both automatic and hand pump for the brakes in case you can’t get the engine started and need to move. It’s a pita and I had to do it a couple of times (hand pump) but it can be done.

/ Charging valve / hydraulic accumulator #20  
Excellent write up Peter!
Noted that you said the cycling was every 1.5 minutes when cold and every 10 to 12 seconds when hot.
Will use that information as a possible way to diagnose a bad accumulator vs something else wrong with the charging valve.
TU