Check prices online before shopping at Walmart

/ Check prices online before shopping at Walmart #11  
I had the same thing happen to me when buying a battery. That is HORRIBLE customer service to make the customer jump through hoops to get the same product for the same price.

/ Check prices online before shopping at Walmart #12  
Just so you know, the Amazon price was the same 'cause it comes from Walmart.com. If you dont need it today and have Prime, its usually the easiest cheap way to go.

oh, and that manager was an idiot and should be reported. At the service desk, you can use Walmarts computer to look up AND BUY stuff from Walmart.com :thumbsup:

/ Check prices online before shopping at Walmart #13  
Funny you brought this up.

We are thinking of buying a new TV so I was price shopping. Target and Best Buy where $100 more than Walmart and Amazon. Crutchfield was just a tad higher then Amazon.

I figured I could just run down to WallyWorld and buy the TV. Nope, it has to be ordered online and will take a WEEK to get to a store....

I can order the TV from Amazon and have it at the front door in two days. If I want it in one day, it will cost $16 extra. Who is going to get the sale? It ain't Walmart. :rolleyes::laughing::laughing::laughing:

It is more than odd, that Amazon can get me the TV to my front door in ONE day, yet Walmart will take a week to get the TV to a store. :confused3: We were shocked that it would only cost $16 to get next day delivery which we are not doing but I noticed the shipping charged and was amazed.

Later,
Dan

/ Check prices online before shopping at Walmart #14  
Never experienced that at walmart, but then again, the wife does most of the shopping there.

But there is a similar thing here in central OH with lowes.

There are lowes stores in north columbus, mount vernon, mansfield, and marion. I am about smack dab in the middle of all 4, only about 25 miles to each.

Only differences is Columbus and mansfield have menards and HD to compete, and marion has a menards, but Mt Vernon is all alone.

On certain items, Mt Vernon is 40%+ higher.

A year ago I needed some 4" drain tile. Mt Vernon was $54.xx for 100', all other stores were $34.xx

A few years ago, buddy was doing blown-in insulation. Mt. Vernon was $9 something a bag. Marion was $5 or $6 something.

And the kicker, they wont price match their other stores, cause they are more than 25 miles away. :mur:

/ Check prices online before shopping at Walmart #15  
We have 3 Walmarts, price varies at all 3 stores. I try not to shop at any of them.

Dave

/ Check prices online before shopping at Walmart #16  
I was in Home Depot today, and used the amazon price app on a couple items I was buying. It was as cheap to buy it at HD. That's normally not the case though, I've bought pipe and ball valves on amazon at half the price of HD or Lowes. When shopping for TV's in the past, I've noticed Walmart always has a unique part number for a given TV, because it usually has less inputs/outputs as the "same" tv elsewhere.

/ Check prices online before shopping at Walmart #17  
We have 3 Walmarts, price varies at all 3 stores. I try not to shop at any of them.

We have 7 and shop at 3 of them regularly.:laughing: A couple of years ago, prices varied, as you say, but I haven't found that at all the past several months.

I also don't know about now, but a dozen or so years ago, I shopped at Tractor Supply Co. in Waco, Hillsboro, and Corsicana and the prices varied a great deal in the different stores.

Currently, we buy milk and ice cream from Braum's. They tell me prices vary according to the going prices elsewhere in the immediate area. A half gallon of milk at Braum's costs $1.99 in the newest store in Denton and $1.59 in the oldest store in Lewisville.

In other words, it's nothing new, although we may not always understand why it's that way.:laughing:

Has anyone compared Walmart prices with Sam's Club? Is the membership worth it?

We've been members ever since the first one opened in Dallas in the mid-80s. And while I don't like paying for a membership to get them to take my money, yes, it's worth it for us because of the amount of shopping we do there. Their gas station is sometimes (not always) a few cents cheaper than other places. We buy most of our meats and re-package them in smaller quantities with the Food Saver (usually a considerable savings). We buy most of our canned vegetables there in packs of 4 to 8 cans (usually only a slight savings). Over the counter vitamins, hand lotions, etc. (huge savings). But it does help to know prices because in some cases . . . this year watermelons have been considerably cheaper at the Walmart next door than at Sam's Club; e.g., $4.88 vs. $6.98.

Perhaps my biggest complaint is that they'll have something we like, and next time, it's no longer stocked. Just off hand, I remember Pedro's tamales (only one Walmart has them and Sam's very briefly had them cheaper, but no more), Wick Fowler's Chili mix, Munchie's, etc.

/ Check prices online before shopping at Walmart #18  
Perhaps my biggest complaint is that they'll have something we like, and next time, it's no longer stocked. ...............
This is actually part of the strategy - Costco does it, too. The objective is to get you to buy NOW and buy several.

/ Check prices online before shopping at Walmart #19  
Perhaps my biggest complaint is that they'll have something we like, and next time, it's no longer stocked. Just off hand, I remember Pedro's tamales (only one Walmart has them and Sam's very briefly had them cheaper, but no more), Wick Fowler's Chili mix, Munchie's, etc.
That is what I hate about Sam's, you can never be sure of what they will be stocking from week to week. I usually buy my large ticket items there, like computers and TVs because they are cheaper than anywhere else around here. I don't do a lot of internet shopping because I like to see what I am buying in person and most times that I have priced online, it is not much difference after shipping is figured in. I have bought a lot of HF stuff on line because the local store doesn't have a lot of items that their email sales ad lists.
I will start looking online at Wally World now before purchasing anything big$$$ from now on.

/ Check prices online before shopping at Walmart #20  
Never shopped at a Walmart, never will. That's what makes America so great. Except for the IRS I can do as I please with my money, even if it costs me a little more.