Checking Hydraulic Fluid in Kubota 3000dt?

/ Checking Hydraulic Fluid in Kubota 3000dt? #1  

hdevans2023

Tractor
Kubota3000dt
Does anyone know how to check hydraulic fluid in a Kubota 3000dt? Thanks.

/ Checking Hydraulic Fluid in Kubota 3000dt? #2  
Looks a lot like my L3010. Does it have a sight bubble hiding on the transmission case near the pto just above the left rear axle ?

P1190369.JPG

gg

/ Checking Hydraulic Fluid in Kubota 3000dt?
Looks a lot like my L3010. Does it have a sight bubble hiding on the transmission case near the pto just above the left rear axle ?

View attachment 801381

gg
Yes! Thank you so much for replying! The problem is my window is solid white--no line showing any hydraulic oil. Also, I see the oil port on top of the transmission, between my legs but no oil port behind the seat. If I add hydraulic oil do I have to put it in both oil ports or can I just add it through the one on top of the transmission?

/ Checking Hydraulic Fluid in Kubota 3000dt? #4  
If you can't see the level either the fluid is low OR it's clear fluid as in the pic above and it's above the sight glass.

You can determine which is which by parking the tractor on a slight slope with the sight glass end up. For example on my Branson the glass is at the back of the transmission case. So I'd park it with the front end down, which would tilt the end with the glass up. If you can see the level then, it's high and not low. With the glass at the end of a long narrow case it does not take the level of the tractor being off by much to make a significant difference at the sight glass. Which is why you need to check the level with the tractor parked on a level surface.

Also the position of the rear lift arms and loader will have an effect on the level. As the loader or three point hitch are raised their cylinders fill with oil so the level in the case goes down.

Usually the oil is common in the transmission and rear end and hydraulics, so you only need to add it to one fill port. But check your owners manual to be sure.

/ Checking Hydraulic Fluid in Kubota 3000dt?
If you can't see the level either the fluid is low OR it's clear fluid as in the pic above and it's above the sight glass.

You can determine which is which by parking the tractor on a slight slope with the sight glass end up. For example on my Branson the glass is at the back of the transmission case. So I'd park it with the front end down, which would tilt the end with the glass up. If you can see the level then, it's high and not low. With the glass at the end of a long narrow case it does not take the level of the tractor being off by much to make a significant difference at the sight glass. Which is why you need to check the level with the tractor parked on a level surface.

Also the position of the rear lift arms and loader will have an effect on the level. As the loader or three point hitch are raised their cylinders fill with oil so the level in the case goes down.

Usually the oil is common in the transmission and rear end and hydraulics, so you only need to add it to one fill port. But check your owners manual to be sure.
Thanks. I appreciate the suggestions very much

/ Checking Hydraulic Fluid in Kubota 3000dt? #6  
Like ericm says the transmission oil and hydraulic oil share a common tank. On my 2001 L3010DT you can see the red file cap at the top of the transmission case. Yours may be different.

TnT.JPG

gg