Chemical sprayer

/ Chemical sprayer
I would like to use powdered ag lime, but it's not easy getting the one guy that spreads lime in the tri-county area to come out. I have very low ph. My property was a forest four years ago. I use the liquid because it's my only viable option, unless I want to buy my own spreader truck.

So, is the consensus that I should not run the liquid lime through any sprayer?

I can clean out the lines, sprayers, and the tank after each use, so if the lime is not going to actually damage the pump, then I don't mind a little extra work cleaning everything.

VA

/ Chemical sprayer #12  
In my opinion you are throwing your money away on this liquid stuff. Soil ph is a simple formula that no special stuff can change. Your best option if you cannot get Aglime spread is pell lime. The product you referenced is a total ripoff in cost, neutralizing ability

/ Chemical sprayer #13  
the residue will be a lot more inconvenient than washing out after ....It will happen frequetly throughout the job and for a while to come in further jobs ..it's hard to flush that in one go !

I bought my current sprayer (hardi navigator 1000) and it came from a farm using a certain powder chemical which took me over 500 acres to get it fully cleaned of residue ..very annoying on a 100ft sprayer cleaning nozzles every hour or so .
Once it's in the system it's a bugger

/ Chemical sprayer #14  
Yes, the 12 volt sprayers are pretty much a joke. Unless you have a small area, or you just want to spot spray, avoid them. They are woefully inadequate for spraying acreage.[/QUOTE]

I had the awesome idea of spraying about four acres with 25 gallon fimco 12 volt sprayer. I only mixed up ten gallons of 2,4-d (dont have applicators license so bought the small jug). Put sprayer in back of kubota and rode around with wand spraying goatweed. After an hour when I realized how much I had done, and winter was only six months away, well that idea got scrapped.
I dont understand why ya can buy the gallon jug of amine without license but not the 2 1/2 gallon jug. Couldnt I just buy three of the small containers?:confused2:

/ Chemical sprayer #15  
Can I ask how you are spreading the powered lime? I am still trying to figure out the best place to buy it and how to spread it. Shovel is NO way to go that is for sure.

/ Chemical sprayer
Can I ask how you are spreading the powered lime? I am still trying to figure out the best place to buy it and how to spread it. Shovel is NO way to go that is for sure.

No, spreading lime with a shovel is a quick way to an early grave. The best way to hand spread lime is to use pellet lime and a broadcast spreader. Pellet lime is a bit more expensive than powder.

Liquid lime is allot more expensive than either and does not last as long in the soil. But, I think it is absorbed quicker and more efficiently into the soil.

/ Chemical sprayer #17  
I dont understand why ya can buy the gallon jug of amine without license but not the 2 1/2 gallon jug.

Is that a local problem down there? I sure as heck don't have a special license and bought a 2.5 gallon jug for $40 last year at the local farm supply (Orschelns). I think TSC sells them for about $50.

/ Chemical sprayer #19  
Use pelletized lime and a rotary spreader -- either a small pull-behind type or a larger 3pt hitch PTO-driven type.

See also
http://mower-blades.agrisupply.com/search#w=spreader&asug=

Wrooster

DSCN7626.JPG

DSCN7628.JPG

DSCN7635.JPG

DSCN7637.JPG

/ Chemical sprayer #20