Cherry picker attachment

/ Cherry picker attachment #1  

BenyeBoy

Tractor
Benye Farmster 4330
I've got some high barns that need attention on the roof, and probably will in the future. A cherry picker attachment on a 3 point linkage would be useful. Does anyone know if they exist?

/ Cherry picker attachment
I've got some high barns that need attention on the roof, and probably will in the future. A cherry picker attachment on a 3 point linkage would be useful. Does anyone know if they exist?

/ Cherry picker attachment #3  
Here in the states there is a common attachment called a "boom pole" that attaches to the 3 point, They usually do not have enough lift to hoist anything to rooftop level. you will have to watch the lift capacity of your 3 point, extending the weight further back reduces the amount of weight you can lift. on the 200 series Jinma tractor (I assume the Benye is similar) you start with about 875lbs of lift capacity and as you move 5 or 6 feet behind the lift arms, that number is reduced significantly.

/ Cherry picker attachment #4  
Here in the states there is a common attachment called a "boom pole" that attaches to the 3 point, They usually do not have enough lift to hoist anything to rooftop level. you will have to watch the lift capacity of your 3 point, extending the weight further back reduces the amount of weight you can lift. on the 200 series Jinma tractor (I assume the Benye is similar) you start with about 875lbs of lift capacity and as you move 5 or 6 feet behind the lift arms, that number is reduced significantly.

/ Cherry picker attachment #5  
If by "cherry picker" you mean one of those man lifts similar to those mounted on bucket trucks use by utility and tree service companies, I've never seen a 3pt mounted version.

My Bro-in-law picked up a used trailer-style unit (Blue Bird brand?) at a local orchard auction a fews ago. At the time, it had to be pulled behind a tractor as it was pto driven. He has since changed it of to run off of an old 16hp Kohler garden tractor engine. This way he can pull it with almost anything.

/ Cherry picker attachment #6  
If by "cherry picker" you mean one of those man lifts similar to those mounted on bucket trucks use by utility and tree service companies, I've never seen a 3pt mounted version.

My Bro-in-law picked up a used trailer-style unit (Blue Bird brand?) at a local orchard auction a fews ago. At the time, it had to be pulled behind a tractor as it was pto driven. He has since changed it of to run off of an old 16hp Kohler garden tractor engine. This way he can pull it with almost anything.

/ Cherry picker attachment #7  
Benye Boy, Fuel for thought only. Think of a fork lift to make your "cherry picker". In my past employment, we used fork lifts. Sometimes dealers will get a small used fork lift on trade. It's often easy to pick up a small one at a reasonable price - $200-$300, for the whole unit. That gives you a mast and fork carriage, and hydraulic control valves. Not knowing what size tractor you have, be careful what size mast you get. The best size for a small tractor would probably be an electric fork lift, that's operated by a tongue, rather than a sitting on it. Mine is a little under 8' collapsed, and extends to approximately 14 feet. The mast unit has a 2000 lb lifting capacity. I took the mast off this unit, and welded on the 3 point pins, and used the fork trucks hydraulics for the outboard hydraulic controls. Be very careful not to get a very big unit. My tractor isn't very stable in the transport mode. But once you get it to where you are going to use it, lower the 3-point to ground level, with just a little tilt back, and it's then pretty stable. I use it with a wooden pallet on the forks, to clean gutters, trim tree branches, and work on the house. One of those tools you just NEED once in a while. Hope this helps - Yugo

/ Cherry picker attachment #8  
Benye Boy, Fuel for thought only. Think of a fork lift to make your "cherry picker". In my past employment, we used fork lifts. Sometimes dealers will get a small used fork lift on trade. It's often easy to pick up a small one at a reasonable price - $200-$300, for the whole unit. That gives you a mast and fork carriage, and hydraulic control valves. Not knowing what size tractor you have, be careful what size mast you get. The best size for a small tractor would probably be an electric fork lift, that's operated by a tongue, rather than a sitting on it. Mine is a little under 8' collapsed, and extends to approximately 14 feet. The mast unit has a 2000 lb lifting capacity. I took the mast off this unit, and welded on the 3 point pins, and used the fork trucks hydraulics for the outboard hydraulic controls. Be very careful not to get a very big unit. My tractor isn't very stable in the transport mode. But once you get it to where you are going to use it, lower the 3-point to ground level, with just a little tilt back, and it's then pretty stable. I use it with a wooden pallet on the forks, to clean gutters, trim tree branches, and work on the house. One of those tools you just NEED once in a while. Hope this helps - Yugo

/ Cherry picker attachment #9  
Old thread but I'm looking for something similar to limb up very tall trees with my DH. Here are a few articles & pictures that I found from folks that made their own attached to the front bucket. I can't find any pre-made but would love it if we could. These seem to be two-person jobs with one person in the tractor and the other person in the bucket cage.