Chevy truck fails crash test

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #42  
We forgot about the “fake” moon landings

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #43  
bXtGgbfl.jpg
Back on track. I was stationed in Missouri working on Minuteman Missiles. One of our maintenance teams fell asleep at the wheel and had a head on collision with a car. Our team was driving a 3/4 ton crew cab vehicle. The front end of the truck crumpled up and the steering wheel was pointing our the passenger side rear window. It was a pretty sobering sight. Would not have predicted the truck would have suffered that much damage in a car/truck collision. Yes, the driver was killed. Didn't see the damage to the car.

Doug in SW IA

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #44  
From the complete picture it looks like the pickup was stopped behind another truck and the semi failed to stop.
...or else pickup had one h*ll of a set of brakes and tremendous stopping power in order to get folded up when it gets rear-ended.

Last edited:
   / Chevy truck fails crash test #45  
So, was it a Chevy pickup or a semi that ran into WTC7?

Somebody might have ferreted away the evidence when they were planting the airplane parts.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #46  
Thank God! Quick thinking and you're here to tell about it!

Stopped in right lane of two lanes of traffic. Look in mirror and semi is sliding toward me. Thought about shoulder dive then quickly realized that's where he was going. If I had, he would have ran over me. The rear end of his trailer stopped 100ft past me.

These incidents are fate and it's dealt quickly.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #47  
I've owned a few domestic trucks in my day and always felt quite safe in them until I see the occasional accident where one flips upside down and the roof is flattened down to the top of the doors.

I don't think these trucks are nearly as well built in the greenhouse area as they "feel" when driving them. I do some work for the local bodyshops and see them in pieces on the shop floor. None of the new vehicles look very well built these days.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #48  
Several years ago we had very bad accident that involved a 1/2t pickup and a sport bike motorcycle. The truck pulled out from a stop sign and the bike hit the A piller (door hinge area) at a very high rate of speed. The A-piller and floor was shoved nearly to the center of the truck....yes, I'm not kidding. The bike mostly stayed in the cab as the handlebars poked through the truck roof. All of the people and the bike ended up inside the cab. As I knew the biker, I went and seen the truck at the yard....very bad.

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #49  
Looks to me like a normal idiot who passed the green tractor , whipped in behind the other rig , and decided they were going to miss their exit . Slammed the brakes , and we have tinfoil . Elegant . Kevin .

/ Chevy truck fails crash test #50