Chinese knockoff saws?

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #21  
Do I see scoring or gouges in the sleeve?
Not scoring or gouges.

Have you ever pulled OEM cylinder. You will see the same crap now days. Just where folks pull dry piston through is what I think.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #22  
G395. Didnt think to take close pics like the dealer did of G372pro cylinder.

Ran mine for a few tanks before pulling.

g395ppppp.jpg
g395pppp.jpg

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #23  
@whit61 preflight Jes offers. Services

This service is an add-on to your new powerhead purchase. This includes partial disassembly of the saw, lock tight on important fasteners, and test running your new saw. Please note: This option does not have any impact on your parts warranty, that comes with every new powerhead purchase.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #24  
G888 I didnt pull cylinder off. Just changed to unlimited coil and did a muffler mod.

Also since OEM and clone dont use gasket on cover. I did the high heat on cover.

With just a 36" cannon bar and 3/8 chain and filled tanks was over 32lbs. Then dry PHO weight like oem weighs.

g888p.jpg
g888ca.jpg
g888ipl.png
g888mufffix.jpg
g888muff.jpg
g8883611.jpg
g888361.jpg
g888weight36fulll.jpg
g888weight.jpg

/ Chinese knockoff saws?
@xyz123 I appreciate all the great information. You’re providing exactly the kind of real world advice I’m looking for. Thinking that most of the negative reviews are from guys that can’t fix their own stuff and it seems like these saws can be solid performers, perhaps with some tweaks. Pre-flight seems wise for an out of the box solution.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #26  
I’m certain this is blasphemous on this site, but I’m curious if anyone has any real world experience with Stihl or Husky Chinese clone saws. I have a specific need for a big saw, short term. I know they are not as good as the original, but if it gets me through my immediate need and sticks around for occasional use for a few years after for 1/3 the cost, I might consider it. Reviews all seem to be 5 or 1…no in between. Total crap shoot. Honest opinions and actual experience welcome. Also, are they really compatible with Stihl or Husky parts? Thanks.

I have built Farmertec MS361 and MS660 clone kits couple of years ago and am satisfied with both of them as occasional homeowner use saws.

The 660 is a beast and I will put it thru real testing this winter since we had loggers cut down bunch of up to 44 inch diameter Douglas Fir trees, which most of have been hauled to sawmills, but I have been left with many shorter large diameter pieces on the ground and will have to cut them for future firewood little later during this coming winter.

I have used both of these saws enough to know they were well worth assembling for my intended use.

660 with a little 16" pro saw in the back:
IMG_1.jpg

361:
IMG_5871.JPG

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #27  
On a lark I bought a Neo-Tech some months ago and gave it away to a buddy. I didn't like it at all. In fact, I'll stick with my Echo's.

/ Chinese knockoff saws?
I have built Farmertec MS361 and MS660 clone kits couple of years ago and am satisfied with both of them as occasional homeowner use saws.

The 660 is a beast and I will put it thru real testing this winter since we had loggers cut down bunch of up to 44 inch diameter Douglas Fir trees, which most of have been hauled to sawmills, but I have been left with many shorter large diameter pieces on the ground and will have to cut them for future firewood little later during this coming winter.

I have used both of these saws enough to know they were well worth assembling for my intended use.

660 with a little 16" pro saw in the back:
View attachment 824185

361:
View attachment 824186
Appreciate the feedback…sounds very similar to what I’m looking at/for.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #29  
   / Chinese knockoff saws? #30  
I would hope the real pro saws would outlast them. For me with just a few cords and cleanup a year it is worth the risk. Even the pro saws need fixing, and if a part is is weal I can put the Husky/Stihl parts in it's place.