Chinese knockoff saws?

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #111  
I don't know anything about the performance or price point of the Farmmac pictured above; but I am amused by the fake carbon fiber.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #112  
After some investigation it has the clutch drum and sprocket on it and an extra sprocket. It's missing the tool kit with the accessories it appears and all the mounting screws for the handle. Along with the teeth for the bar area.
OK teeth. Now figured out what your talking about. Thats the spikes.
Most times they are in the tool kits your missing from them.

I never tried that company as they just started up awhile back.

Pics of both spikes install on my Farmertec G660. I put a DP cover on mine instead of the slit front one they come with.

g66d.jpg

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #113  
I don't know anything about the performance or price point of the Farmmac pictured above; but I am amused by the fake carbon fiber.
Not a fan of it either.

But to get the Farmertec pro saws they come in white and fake carbon. Some guys just buy the covers for that reason.

G372xp pro and G660 pro both like that.

G372xp pro cut right there real close to my OEM OE 372 that cost 2/3 more then the clone. Both at time only going on 2nd tank breaking in.

g372proo.jpg
g372prooo.jpg
h372oett.jpg
h372oet.jpg
h372oettt.jpg
g444g372pr.jpg

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #114  
Was able to get a Holzforma kit for the teeth/spikes off Amazon. They had the kit with screws spikes etc for $14.69 so worth it. Then was able to get the 28" Neo Advance bar and chain with a 50% off coupon on Amazon too. Cheap all very cheap ($40 cheap) lol. Will be interesting to see how it works though. I figure maybe it's time to hack down the Bradford Pear trees in front of the house that have been seriously damaged due to the branches stripping off (known issue with them) and the fact that Pennsylvania is banning these invasive trees anyway. Would be a good test for the new saw!

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #115  
Not a fan of it either.

But to get the Farmertec pro saws they come in white and fake carbon. Some guys just buy the covers for that reason.

G372xp pro and G660 pro both like that.

G372xp pro cut right there real close to my OEM OE 372 that cost 2/3 more then the clone. Both at time only going on 2nd tank breaking in.
1711555718704.jpeg

Sorry xyc it has nothing to do with you, but every time I see photo of one of these decorated chainsaw, word metro comes to mind!

I wonder what would Johnny Paycheck say?

Thinking.jpg
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
   / Chinese knockoff saws? #116  
View attachment 859239

Sorry xyc it has nothing to do with you, but every time I see photo of one of these decorated chainsaw, word metro comes to mind!

I wonder what would Johnny Paycheck say?

View attachment 859244
:rolleyes:
Prob says the same thing I do when I see a any chainsaw or aka tool all decorated up by the folks now days. Rolls eyes and thinks to self wth. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:🤦‍♂️

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #117  
The thing is that before we had cheap Chinese junk and knockoffs we had cheap Taiwan junk. And before that cheap Japanese junk. Now we are getting into cheap Vietnam junk (guess we didn't learn from a war). It's all about who can build the junk the cheapest I guess.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #118  
The thing is that before we had cheap Chinese junk and knockoffs we had cheap Taiwan junk. And before that cheap Japanese junk. Now we are getting into cheap Vietnam junk (guess we didn't learn from a war). It's all about who can build the junk the cheapest I guess.
Made me laugh on that one.

Our GM made Monte bought like 20 years ago had GM wheels on it made in Vietnam. 😂 (y)

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #119  
Now the chinese have all the design patents.

Not all of the patents. A lot of stuff is still US patents, and shipped to China for manufacture (which allows them an inside view of our intellectual property).

They seem to do many things very well, but then skimp on the oddest little details like choosing to use soft mild steal when hardened tool steel would have been more appropriate. Or, one can buy something, and find that one has zero long term customer support.

What would be nice is if there was just a little teensy weensy bit of manufacturing in the USA?

There is some. Go price a new set of SK tools, or a Baldor Grinder.

Then head over to Harbor Freight and see what they have sitting on the shelf.

I regularly bump into small local manufacturing shops. They endure if they have a unique niche, and have a plan to pass the shop on from generation to generation.

I fell down the rabbit hole of mulcher attachments today.

Go price out some of the Fecon mulchers.

I watched some TopCat mulchers go for auction at $2500 to $3000 today. A fraction of the Fecon price. Looking on Alibaba, they were even cheaper, although they would be expensive to ship. The TopCat probably would have been a good deal, but I decided to wait on it for a couple of reasons including poor consumable availability, and not having anything with "high flow" yet.

Now, if you're a commercial logger or landscaper, go and buy the top quality mulcher and don't look back. If you're working on a small hobby farm. Perhaps the cheaper one would be more palatable.

/ Chinese knockoff saws? #120  
Not all of the patents. A lot of stuff is still US patents, and shipped to China for manufacture (which allows them an inside view of our intellectual property).

Man, I don’t know where you have been. They STEAL them from us and when we fight back, they say “go ahead and sue us, we’ll price cut your a$$ out of existence”

That’s why almost nothing is made here anymore.

They seem to do many things very well, but then skimp on the oddest little details like choosing to use soft mild steal when hardened tool steel would have been more appropriate. Or, one can buy something, and find that one has zero long term customer support.

There is some. Go price a new set of SK tools, or a Baldor Grinder.

Then head over to Harbor Freight and see what they have sitting on the shelf.

I regularly bump into small local manufacturing shops. They endure if they have a unique niche, and have a plan to pass the shop on from generation to generation.

I fell down the rabbit hole of mulcher attachments today.

Go price out some of the Fecon mulchers.

I watched some TopCat mulchers go for auction at $2500 to $3000 today. A fraction of the Fecon price. Looking on Alibaba, they were even cheaper, although they would be expensive to ship. The TopCat probably would have been a good deal, but I decided to wait on it for a couple of reasons including poor consumable availability, and not having anything with "high flow" yet.

Now, if you're a commercial logger or landscaper, go and buy the top quality mulcher and don't look back. If you're working on a small hobby farm. Perhaps the cheaper one would be more palatable.

Yeah…I know there is, but compared to 50 years ago???

“Give me a BREAK man”

Last edited: