Chipper Chinesse chipper woes

/ Chinesse chipper woes #11  
The feed roll driveshaft did what it was supposed to do,when the feed roll went up too high the angle created on the knuckles on the driveshaft was too great and the drive shaft locked up,breaking the 1/2" square drive off the clutch/claw.Moving the stops down should take care of your problem with that.

Just a note ,when you do need replacement blades,make sure you measure the bolt holes,we have had customers order replacement blades for there "Jinma Chipper" and the blades would not fit,the customer actualy had a "WC Chipper ".Most of the other parts are the same,you just have to be careful so you get the right parts

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
Home of compact Jinma, Foton, and Koyker Tractors and Parts, Wood Chippers, Backhoes - Affordable Tractor Sales Company

/ Chinesse chipper woes #12  
attachment.php

I thinck I have finally got the picks here but there way big :confused:
The picture of the chipper is a photo of the operaters manual as my actual chipper is in the shed were I couldnt get a good photo

Hey,

this happens to me too after +/- 40 hrs. but your Drive Shaft looks better finished than mine.
i think mine is one of the plain junk design (like Ronald say)
it have lost a few times the Pins of the U-Joint, finally i have to place on every Pin a Welding point to prevent losing them.

i agree with Tommy,
this damage may happens by extreme angle on the Drive Shaft Knuckles and also if the Feeder Roll lifts not horizontal but on the right side more than on the left side.
If you use only one Spring, i am sure that this will support the Feeder Roll not lifting horizontal.
I try to eliminate this with stronger Springs but with no results,
i think a reinforcement of the complete Feeder Roll Bracket will help to solve this problem.

/ Chinesse chipper woes
Been a while since I asked this question here and I never got back to say how it all turned out, the new dog clutch arrived,I put it in, lowered the feed roller stops as was suggested and have not had any trouble since, so many thanks for the help :thumbsup: