chinesse chipper

/ chinesse chipper #1  

jpm

Platinum Member
Tractor
4110 mahindra
I've got my chipper bound up with chips so tight it will not move forward or back as directed in the owners manual.Has anybody opened up the two sides so to make the chips come out easier ?

/ chinesse chipper #2  
I've taken off the two lower access panels just to see what was at the bottom before I used it. You can also remove a panel at the front on the other side of the feed mechanism. Since there are 2 sets of blades opposite each other, you should be able to get at each half of the flywheel from the bottom and the top and dig out the packed chips.

Just curious - what speed were you operating it when it got jammed with chips? I usually run mine about 3/4 speed (about 350-360rpm at the PTO)

Mark

/ chinesse chipper
i run it at close to 540 because we run the branch and trees though as fast as i can feed it . LOTS of stuff to be chipped ! I've opened all access covers and released the springs on the feed for access
I think the center band has to be opened up .

/ chinesse chipper #4  
Yikes! That sounds REALLY jammed!

Good luck with it.

Mark

/ chinesse chipper
well not a lot of responses so i must be really lucky to be the first!
I will tackle it this weekend and take pictures!!

/ chinesse chipper #6  
Just remember to keep your hands, arms, feet, and any other body parts away from the machine until you know for sure that nothing is going to move when the chips are unloaded. I have seen where there is enough pressure to move a part quickly when a jam is released and a person could be badly injured. I would use something like a 1/2" steel pipe about 4 or 5 feet long to work the chips out and free the drum. Even with the springs off, it doesn't mean that the drum can't spin. I don't want your next post to be written with one arm in a sling and the other on the key board or worse. Just be cautious, because the life you save might be your own. Eye protection also required.

/ chinesse chipper
it is already disconnected from the tractor and dosn't spin easlly with the belts tight ,but yes the most important tool is the one between your ears! it must always say "what may happen"

/ chinesse chipper
i opened up the chipper this weekend and found it was bound up with pine needles & tar heated up i have pictures but they are to large !!

/ chinesse chipper #9  
JPM you can reduce the size of the photos pretty easy using PAINT, or send them DIY guy or myself we can fix & post 4 ya.

Mark M