Choice: food or solar fields

/ Choice: food or solar fields #311  
Why are we looking at the Dow 30?
Supply & demand. Here are the statistics:
2022_05_27_16.29.21.jpg
2022_05_27_16.18.24.jpg

/ Choice: food or solar fields #312  
Maybe they could build a waste disposal facility in PA?
If it means renewed nuke power plants? Sure! Have at it.
I already have 3 or 4 nuke power plants near me.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #313  
If it means renewed nuke power plants? Sure! Have at it.
I already have 3 or 4 nuke power plants near me.
I have no doubt that there would be caterwauling in your state if there were a proposal to develop a nuclear waste disposal site there.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #314  
Look, we all know demand for oil was down during covid. Can we all just get past that now and agree that was an anomaly? Do we always have to note that demand was lower during peak covid? Good grief already.

Oil & gas prices were much lower in 18-19 and post covid until 1/21. Then they began to rise, now they’re in hyperinflation.
Supply of oil and gas is NOT lower. Its all still there in the ground. Policies, regulations and restrictions (and yes, demand) affect the desire and amount of fossil fuels that will be extracted. If fossil fuel companies feel like there’s policy instability or increases in regulations, or more restrictions (and there is without question), then LESS will be extracted.
So there is less supply, but that is a by product of new policies, regulations and restrictions.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #316  
I have no doubt that there would be caterwauling in your state if there were a proposal to develop a nuclear waste disposal site there.
Well we already have a bunch of superfund cleanup sites already, so whats another toxic waste dump in PA.

I aint skeered, but you sure as hell are.
I’ll make a sacrifice so we can have more nuclear power generation instead of butt ugly solar farms and windmills from China which take a LOT of oil to manufacture and ship over here. And oh BTW, don't work when it’s cloudy or not windy.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #317  
Well we already have a bunch of superfund cleanup sites already, so whats another toxic waste dump?
I aint skeered, but you sure as hell are.
I’ll make a sacrifice so we can have more nuclear power generation instead of butt ugly solar farms and windmills from China which take a LOT of oil to manufacture and ship over here.
And oh BTW, don't work when it’s cloudy or not windy.
I didn’t say anything about my personal support of waste disposal sites. I said every time there is a proposal in every state there is a huge public backlash against and no state will accept it.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #318  
I didn’t say anything about my personal support of waste disposal sites. I said every time there is a proposal in every state there is a huge public backlash against and no state will accept it.
No
You wanted me to have the toxic waste in my state and thats exactly what you meant.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #319  
I heard an idea of covering the water in reservoirs with floating solar panels. It makes sense, but you lose the recreation, which was the big selling point in the first place to dam up the river and kill off all the salmon.

I'd too old now, to let everyone redefine what the future is going to be.... :)

/ Choice: food or solar fields #320  
Afghanistan was Bush's fault.
Not the retreat! We still have people that were promised they would be taken care of over there. Green carders, contractors and even ex-pats that would love to be able to come home that by this time may have already parished. This isn't counting the airport, $millions/billions in top shelf military equipment, etc, etc.