Christmas Oil Change

/ Christmas Oil Change #11  
That is so true Sixdogs!!! Yesterday I went over the entire wood chipper after changing my oil and checked everything, even those things that I should check but mostly never do because there is not enough time. (every nuts/bolts/wing nut/etc)
It is sometimes nice to have some free time when it is too cold to be out doing much - lets me maintain the eqpt and make sure there won't be any problems once the weather breaks!

/ Christmas Oil Change
I see your wiper switch is for a Toyota, which means they surely didn't give it away. Kudos to your wife!!

Similar mentality I would guess as the brain trust over at Kubota or any other big Japanese equipment builder. Great products, by good golly, sometimes the rationale for things is hard to figure.:D

For reasons known only to the Good Lord and the Toyota middle management, the "convenience package" on the Tacoma leaves out one minor convenience, the intermittent wiper. It's a head scratcher that even with thousands of comments in various Tacoma forums, nobody knows why. I should have done this mod a year ago. Ebay has a bunch for sale by Toyota dealers themselves. If you're handy, and about 20 spare minutes, it's priced about what the option costs originally, I suppose, but dang sure should have been included in the first place. :thumbsup:

But hey. Having a project to putter with on a wintry day is also a kind of Christmas present for guys like us. My wife knows this too, I reckon.

DSCF5009.JPG

/ Christmas Oil Change #13  
Merry Christmas!

On Christmas eve I had a few hours free before everything got kicked off so I figured I would maximize my time and do an oil change also!
Wife just laughed at me....

Is that a Kawasaki mule in your shop ? I have a 2012 4010 4 seater that I couldn't do without around his place.
Do you have a 3rd function on your 5100 ? I had one installed for a future grapple

/ Christmas Oil Change #14  
Similar mentality I would guess as the brain trust over at Kubota or any other big Japanese equipment builder. Great products, by good golly, sometimes the rationale for things is hard to figure.:D

For reasons known only to the Good Lord and the Toyota middle management, the "convenience package" on the Tacoma leaves out one minor convenience, the intermittent wiper. It's a head scratcher that even with thousands of comments in various Tacoma forums, nobody knows why. I should have done this mod a year ago. Ebay has a bunch for sale by Toyota dealers themselves. If you're handy, and about 20 spare minutes, it's priced about what the option costs originally, I suppose, but dang sure should have been included in the first place. :thumbsup:

But hey. Having a project to putter with on a wintry day is also a kind of Christmas present for guys like us. My wife knows this too, I reckon.

View attachment 533359

You mean the wipers don't automatically wipe every few seconds on an adjustable switch like every other vehicle?

/ Christmas Oil Change #15  
You mean the wipers don't automatically wipe every few seconds on an adjustable switch like every other vehicle?

Welcome to Toyota. They build a wonderful vehicle but sometimes leave out the most incidental of devices that every other similar vehicle would have. I love Toyota and probably will stay true to them but am envious of my friends that have GMC's that are better equipped.

/ Christmas Oil Change

Hard to believe that a "convenience package" would include things like power mirrors and remote keyless entry, for example, but not include the convenience of an interval wiper. :confused2: Somehow, that's only makes sense to Toyota, the company that still doesn't offer a power seat in the Tacoma, not even in the $45K model. Maybe when Kubota embraces the side by side pedals, Toyota will offer a power seat in the Tacoma.

But today? Christmas fixed my truck. :) Thank you babe. Great gift.

/ Christmas Oil Change #17  
Is that a Kawasaki mule in your shop ? I have a 2012 4010 4 seater that I couldn't do without around his place.
Do you have a 3rd function on your 5100 ? I had one installed for a future grapple

Yes sir- Mule Pro FXT. Don't know what we would do without it. Don't really use it a lot for "going riding" but use it all the time to take the trash out, get the mail, haul wood, gardening, etc... Great machine and one of those things you look back and think it was well worth the money.

As for the 5100, I use my rear remotes to run my grapple. It is not as handy as a 3rd function but once you get used to how it works it is really not bad. I normally use my Mini ex for most grapple work where I am moving stuff a lot. I use the tractor grapple to move the items over longer distance and brush clean up. If I angle it down and pull forward it is amazing how many branches I can scoop up in one pass. Often just run the to the chipper or if we are burning, I drop them right into the pit. Saves me HOURS on clean up time.