Chute blocker for F3680 + linear actuator questions

/ Chute blocker for F3680 + linear actuator questions #1  

jcummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, F3680, Mule Pro Fxt
After using this F3680 for two years...I've been saying I'm going to build a chute blocker for it. Well this spring, I've mowed ONCE...and yes the wind was wrong, and yes I got covered in grass. SO....I finally said to myself, just build it! In a second post after this one, I'll put some pictures of my work in process to this point.

I want to use a linear actuator to operate the chute....I'm all ears if anyone has suggestions of a different way. With the deck out front on the F series, seems the only reasonable way to do it. I'd put a switch on the steering wheel to operate. In the pictures, the piece of wood would represent the approximate position of the arm of the actuator. From my measurements I need 6 inches of travel.

Who knows about what linear actuator would be appropriate to make this work? Surplus center comes to mind, but I know next to nothing on the actuators, and would appreciate suggestions from all the knowledge on this forum. I would like something fairly quick functioning.

/ Chute blocker for F3680 + linear actuator questions
After using this F3680 for two years...I've been saying I'm going to build a chute blocker for it. Well this spring, I've mowed ONCE...and yes the wind was wrong, and yes I got covered in grass. SO....I finally said to myself, just build it! In a second post after this one, I'll put some pictures of my work in process to this point.

I want to use a linear actuator to operate the chute....I'm all ears if anyone has suggestions of a different way. With the deck out front on the F series, seems the only reasonable way to do it. I'd put a switch on the steering wheel to operate. In the pictures, the piece of wood would represent the approximate position of the arm of the actuator. From my measurements I need 6 inches of travel.

Who knows about what linear actuator would be appropriate to make this work? Surplus center comes to mind, but I know next to nothing on the actuators, and would appreciate suggestions from all the knowledge on this forum. I would like something fairly quick functioning.
Here's the pictures. I will be making more mods...better pin setup. I just did this temporary to see what amount of throw I need in the actuator. 20180417_155153.jpg20180417_155201.jpg20180417_155205.jpg20180417_155245.jpg

/ Chute blocker for F3680 + linear actuator questions
Here's the pictures. I will be making more mods...better pin setup. I just did this temporary to see what amount of throw I need in the actuator. View attachment 549359View attachment 549360View attachment 549361View attachment 549362
Today i figured out the stroke needed on the actuator and ordered one. It will mount approximately where I've got the clamp laid in the picture.

I was going to upload a short video of how it works but seems this app is not letting videos upload.20180419_151420.jpg