City dwelling nephew comes to the farm

/ City dwelling nephew comes to the farm #1  

TheMan419

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland Boomer 24
Just had a good night. My brother lives in Chicago. His kids come to town to visit grand ma and grandpa every so often. Of course they come to see us, ride the horses etc.

Well for the first time we got our nephew without his sisters for several hours. He is 12. He now knows how to drive a tractor. You we moved manure from the pile into the dumpster and took a joy ride around the property.

You should have seen the smile on his face as he operated the tractor all by him self and moved the manure. He was especially happy when he figured out how to get a really full scoop in the bucket.

We do not have children of our own. So we have to get these pleasures when we can.

Just had to share.

/ City dwelling nephew comes to the farm #2  
We do not have children of our own. So we have to get these pleasures when we can.

Just had to share.

Those are memories that will stay with him for a lifetime.

/ City dwelling nephew comes to the farm #3  
It is great of you to let him learn on your tractor.
I believe your nephew will remember this experience for a long time. Thanks for sharing.

/ City dwelling nephew comes to the farm #4  
Very generous of you and very valuable to your nephew to have these experiences. :thumbsup:

/ City dwelling nephew comes to the farm #5  
Next you need to teach him how to bush hog a field!!!! Kind of like Tom Sawyer teaching other kids to paint fences. :)

/ City dwelling nephew comes to the farm #6  
Great!

/ City dwelling nephew comes to the farm #7  
I think one of the best things we can do is expose the young ones to these type of things. Glad your nephew had a chance to learn and that you had an opportunity to share the experience with him.

/ City dwelling nephew comes to the farm #8  
Your nephew must have a good head on his shoulders. My nephews are older than yours, and I wouldn’t trust them anywhere near my tractors.

/ City dwelling nephew comes to the farm #9  
Your nephew must have a good head on his shoulders. My nephews are older than yours, and I wouldn’t trust them anywhere near my tractors.
Haha!! I have a nephew that's 18-19 and I wouldn't let him drive my golf cart alone, let alone my tractor!!!

/ City dwelling nephew comes to the farm #10  
My kids have not driven a tractor. They have no interest. But the youngest loves the ZT.