CJ-4 Rated engine oils in Kubota Tractor

/ CJ-4 Rated engine oils in Kubota Tractor #11  
Only going to disagree with you on one point Happyman. All diesel engine oils will not switch to CJ-4 any time soon. Many lubricants manufacturers plan on continuing production of CI-4 certified oils for some time to come. I know the one I work for dosen't plan on stopping production any time soon. There's still loads of older engines out there and the CI-4 is cheaper to produce then CJ-4 so there are still lot's of people that want CI-4 oils.

/ CJ-4 Rated engine oils in Kubota Tractor
Good information Happyman. Thanks for the update.:)

/ CJ-4 Rated engine oils in Kubota Tractor #13  
Only going to disagree with you on one point Happyman. All diesel engine oils will not switch to CJ-4 any time soon. Many lubricants manufacturers plan on continuing production of CI-4 certified oils for some time to come. I know the one I work for dosen't plan on stopping production any time soon. There's still loads of older engines out there and the CI-4 is cheaper to produce then CJ-4 so there are still lot's of people that want CI-4 oils.
You certainly have more info in this regards then I do. Thanks for clarifying :D.

/ CJ-4 Rated engine oils in Kubota Tractor #14  
I contacted Kubota this summer with the same question. If you do a search, you will see that I was told CJ-4 oils are perfectly fine for your diesel tractors. Kubota has not updated their manuals or web site to reflect the change. I was told it is just a matter of time (slow moving corporate issues) before this happens. CJ-4 is the newest spec. for diesel rated oils and is compatible with LSD and ULSD fuels. The oil change intervel is still the same. This really is no longer an issue and you should not be concerned about it. You will see that within a year ALL diesel oils will be a CJ-4 spec. CI spec oil is still avaiable but will shortly be out of stock since the CJ-4 spec replaces it.
I'm sure some will disagree with me, and that's fine. I did my homework and will stick with what the Kubota engineer told me over the phone.
We also discussed viscosity grades and he told me using 5w-40 Rotella or the 15w-40 Rotella (synthetic or otherwise) is fine for where I live (central Virginia).
Hope this helps......:)

That's about it guys and I'd like to add that the CJ-4 oils are refined to contain less ash and sulfur which affords longer regeneration intervals on the tier 4 Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF)found on 2007 EPA compliant on highway diesel engines. I would also like to add that both indirect and direct injection Kubota engines will operate at peak performance for several thousand hours as designed with a fuel additive for Lubricity to 15ppm ULSD fuel available both green dye (taxed fuel) and red dye (farm non-taxed) number two Rudolph!