CK 20 Bucket Rusting Out

/ CK 20 Bucket Rusting Out #1  

sschriber

Bronze Member
Tractor
Honda 5013
15 year old CK20 with 150 hrs front bucket is rusting out right along where the reinforcing straps are on the bottom side. Is the connect pattern universal? Buy a replacement or pay to have someone weld?

Steve

/ CK 20 Bucket Rusting Out #2  
Steve, a photo would have been nice. But since this bucket seems to be getting only light usage, it's probably best to try for repair, by welding a new 1/4" sheet of steel right on the bottom. New buckets run over $450 and used buckets for that machine are extremely hard to find. So recommend investing in a welding shop professional doing the repair.

/ CK 20 Bucket Rusting Out
Looks like welding is the only solution. Kioti dealer cannot find source. Something about everything being quick attach now.

/ CK 20 Bucket Rusting Out #4  
Looks like welding is the only solution. Kioti dealer cannot find source. Something about everything being quick attach now.
Might be a great time to get the QA adaptor and a new QA bucket. Forks and grapple here you come. :)

/ CK 20 Bucket Rusting Out #5  
My CK30 is the same age and no rust at all. We don't have a rust problem here. And check your radiator fan blades as in my post today. Yours is the same age as mine.

/ CK 20 Bucket Rusting Out #6  
15 year old CK20 with 150 hrs front bucket is rusting out right along where the reinforcing straps are on the bottom side. Is the connect pattern universal? Buy a replacement or pay to have someone weld?

Steve

This summer we repaired a general use bucket from a Bobcat 763 and the ongoing bucket repairs to my own 4-yard payloader bucket. Bucket repairs are normal. Here we're welding a major crack in my payload's bucket that had obviously been repaired before.

/ CK 20 Bucket Rusting Out #7  

Steve
I happen to have a 54 inch "pin on" Kioti bucket in new condition for the Kioti CK20 that's just sitting in the corner of my garage collecting dust. I bought it new from Kioti when I had a CK20 w/48" bucket and wanted a little wider bucket but when I traded in the 20 for a 30, I kept the bucket as the dealer wasn't going give me anything more for it!

/ CK 20 Bucket Rusting Out #8  
Might be a great time to get the QA adaptor and a new QA bucket. Forks and grapple here you come. :)
150hrs in 15years I'd say just sell the tractor😉

/ CK 20 Bucket Rusting Out #9  
I agree just weld some plate steel on it and it will last for many years.