CK20 and MMM - Question ???

/ CK20 and MMM - Question ??? #1  

Neophyte

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 eHydro with 300CX FEL
Does anyone out there have a 60" Rear-Discharge MMM on their CK20? If so, how do you like it? Please post comments ... positive or negative.

How easy is it to attach/detach? How long does it take?

How do you raise/lower the MMM? Is there linkage to the 3PH to raise/lower it or does it have its own hydraulic cylinder with remote SCV?

Are their any MMM compatibility issues with the FEL frame, BackHoe frame or R4 tires?

I like the idea of a rear-discharge MMM. I thought NH was the only tractor that had one.

/ CK20 and MMM - Question ??? #2  
Hello Neophyte,

I have a CK20 with the 60" MMM. I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

First, to remove the deck takes just a few minutes. It does help to use the loader to raise the front of the tractor about 1-2" (or pull onto a couple 2x4's). Re-installing it usually goes easily, no more than 5-6 mins, but the last time I put it on I had a tough time getting the mid-PTO to line up. I had left the Box Blade on and that further complicated access to the connection point. I won't do that again. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif It took me 20mins to get it installed.

The raising and lowing is accomplished by linkage to the left-hand lower lift arm. There is a lever that locks the deck in the up position so the 3-point can be used without moving the MMM around. Overall, it works pretty well.

No compatibility probs with the FEL or R4's. I have both. Can't say for sure about the backhoe, but the pics I've seen show the BH sub-frame right where the MMM needs to be. When you remove the MMM a fair amount of the MMM mount stays on the tractor, I would worry that it might interfere with the BH subframe too. You'll have to ask Kioti about that one.

The rear-discharge is real cool. Being able to mow close on both sides is a great feature. Overall, the MMM makes the tractor feel a lot like an overgrown rider when mowing.

Now the complaints. First, both rear gage wheels have come un-screwed when mowing and fallen off. Bent the shoulder bolt on one. I've used lock-tite now, and they seem okay. Next, both of the rear gage wheels are identical. No left version and right version (see pic). That means that the right side wheel cannot turn a complete 90 degrees to roll the deck out due to clearances. Hard to explain without seeing it. It's not a huge deal, just an annoyance. Lastly, the ground clearance, in the raised position, is just not enough. I think the BX2200 has a better clearance with the deck on.

I noticed that Midwest Equipment has pics of their new rear mowing deck on their web site. I’m pretty sure Midwest makes the Kioti MMM. The mowing deck itself looks identical to the Kioti MMM with different mounting and gear box locations.

I love the deck and much prefer it over a rear-deck, but that’s just a personal preference.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• 313738-Wrong Parts 004.jpg
    313738-Wrong Parts 004.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 184
   / CK20 and MMM - Question ???
Thanks for taking the time to answer. I appreciate it.