CK20 in the UK

/ CK20 in the UK #1  

capnahab

The CK20 has arrived in the UK and I have just got mine in the drive . I am very pleased with it. Reco the UK suppliers have helped get it just right. The mid mounted mower deck is Italian ( SGG) . See picture.
Cheers
Nick

Attachments

• 308603-CK1.jpg
    308603-CK1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 460
   / CK20 in the UK #2  
Thanks for the photo Nick!

Looks like you have a different seat, ROPS, and lights than the US models...was the rear view mirror and the drawbar shown in the photo standard or and add-on?

/ CK20 in the UK
Yes all came on with the tractor. The tyres are industrial and apparently I am the first person in the country to ask for them. They arent so well known. They were the same price as the turf tyres (£1000 = ? $1570 !!) and were billed extra to the tractor. Do you get that in the US ?
Heres a closer pic .The deck is one piece pressed - sposed to be an advantage according to the salesman.

Attachments

• 308661-CK2.jpg
    308661-CK2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 307
   / CK20 in the UK #4  
Then add the mirror and drawbar to the list of what's different!

As far as the tires go, ag tires are standard, turf/industrial are upgrades and therefore cost a bit more...but not THAT much more on this side of the pond...i think my industrial tires were like an additional $250.

/ CK20 in the UK #5  
Nick,

Thanks for the pictures! The seat is a totally different seat than the CK20 sold in the US. Could you post a close up picture of the seat for me. Thanks!

Don

/ CK20 in the UK
Hi Don,
The seat is from this company
http://www.kabseating.com/
I cant work out which model it is but it is one of their more basic seats.
I enclose a pic and the next post shows a close up of the adjustments. The left hand lever is back and forward. The middle is up and down and the right hand one I think is the stiffness of the seat or what my wife might call the gut adjustment module.
cheers
Nick

Attachments

• 308811-seat.jpg
    308811-seat.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 284
   / CK20 in the UK
And the close up

Attachments

• 308813-seat_close.jpg
    308813-seat_close.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 248
   / CK20 in the UK #8  
Nick,

Thanks for the pictures and the web site. I think I tracked the seat and suspension base down in one of KAB seating leaflets here...Economy Pans Range Leaflet. It appears to be the P-2 seat (without the extended back rest) with the XH2 suspension base. Here is the P-2 seat from the US distributor Industrial Seats

That seat came standard on your tractor? The suspension base appears to be an upgrade of the seat base used here in the states. Let us know what you think of the seat after you get some "seat time" in. I see you have the joy stick for the front end loader. Are you getting a front end loader?

Don

/ CK20 in the UK
The seat came as standard. The only thing I specified as extra were the industrial tyres which interestingly also say they are skid steer - is that usual for Industrial tyres ?.
I got them because they seemed a good compromise between AG/Turf and wouldnt chew my grass up so much.
I will probably get the FEL in time. I need a flail mower before that though and poss even the back hoe.
Cheers
Nick

/ CK20 in the UK #10  
Well you're going to have to get that FEL to offset the weight of having a backhoe mounted or a bunch of weights mounted up front. So just get the FEL you'll use it more than you thought you would.