CK20 RPM's

/ CK20 RPM's #1  

toddbiss

Bronze Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti CK20hst
So I was wondering if my rpm gauge was off. It will idle around 1100 1200 and max is over 3200. My book says max is 2800.. is 2800 just where it makes peak hp or torque?

/ CK20 RPM's #2  
RPM gauge probably goes beyond max recommended RPM's at which Kioti says to allow your engine to reach.Why on earth would you want to run at or beyond red line!?:confused2:

/ CK20 RPM's #3  
So I was wondering if my rpm gauge was off. It will idle around 1100 1200 and max is over 3200. My book says max is 2800.. is 2800 just where it makes peak hp or torque?

Peak torque will be around 2000. Peak HP will be around 2800. Going above that will just shorten the life of the engine for very little if any extra performance.

/ CK20 RPM's #4  
The gauge goes up to 3200 for a reason. When you accidently bump the throttle and you see the needle there, it automatically closes the rectal shutter valve(it actually slams shut):laughing:.

/ CK20 RPM's #5  
MotorSeven said:
The gauge goes up to 3200 for a reason. When you accidently bump the throttle and you see the needle there, it automatically closes the rectal shutter valve(it actually slams shut):laughing:.

Great point!

/ CK20 RPM's
Guess I worded it wrong. I though maybe my gauge was off by a few hundred RPM's. Since 1100-1200 seems like a high idle. I would think it would idle around 800 or so.

/ CK20 RPM's #7  
Your throttle lever may not be returning the tractor all the way down to idle. This happens to mine sometimes.

Every year or so, I clean and lube the pivot point so the spring will allow it to return all the way down to idle. If you can make the RPMs go down by moving the arm with your finger after you pulled the throttle lever all the way back, then this is why it is idling so high.

/ CK20 RPM's #8  
My CK20 idles around 7-800 rpms so it sounds like your throttle is not returning to a low idle as mentioned above. Follow the linkage under the hood to the injector rail on top of the engine and see if you can manually move it.

/ CK20 RPM's
My CK20 idles around 7-800 rpms so it sounds like your throttle is not returning to a low idle as mentioned above. Follow the linkage under the hood to the injector rail on top of the engine and see if you can manually move it.

Thanks, I checked it out yesterday and just adjusted my throttle stop so it idles around 800-900 now.