CK25 and other similar models --- Air Filter

/ CK25 and other similar models --- Air Filter #1  

Bsavulis

Tractor
Kioti CK25
So I have a 2005 CK25. I have been noticing during my search for an air filter that some manufacturers list an inner and outer filter, 2 actual cartridges. Does anyone know if the CK25 had 2 filters. My tractor has only had the "outer" since I bought it from the original owner.

Thanks
Brian

/ CK25 and other similar models --- Air Filter #2  
Yes Indeed, there is an inner and outer air filters. The inner filter provides protection against extremely fine dust, that often can make it through the outer air filter. I change the outer filter about every 18 months, and the inner filter only as needed, after a visual inspection. I keep an extra inner filter element on hand, for that day when it needs changing. Bush hogging fields with high grass with lots of dust, debris and pollen will accelerate air filter changes. If you have not changed that inner air filter yet since 2005, I would recommend changing it.

/ CK25 and other similar models --- Air Filter #3  
The inner filter also offers an added degree of protection if the outer filter is compromised in any way - such as a hole from cleaning.

/ CK25 and other similar models --- Air Filter
Yes Indeed, there is an inner and outer air filters. The inner filter provides protection against extremely fine dust, that often can make it through the outer air filter. I change the outer filter about every 18 months, and the inner filter only as needed, after a visual inspection. I keep an extra inner filter element on hand, for that day when it needs changing. Bush hogging fields with high grass with lots of dust, debris and pollen will accelerate air filter changes. If you have not changed that inner air filter yet since 2005, I would recommend changing it.

That's not good news, since I got it it hasn't had the inner, and I don't know how long before that. I have had it 3 years. I only noticed the inner doing my search. All the filter kits I have seen and purchased only include the outer. So that is all I have ever put in it. DANG, and I have used it in some pretty dusty condition! I will be ordering the pair promptly.

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Brian

/ CK25 and other similar models --- Air Filter #5  
Brian,
My 2012 CK35 was designed with only one filter. I would not worry.

/ CK25 and other similar models --- Air Filter #6  
Brian,

Like Amvcane above, my DK40se came with only the large outer filter when I purchased it new. Like you, my web research revealed it could be fitted with both an inner and outer air filter. I believe Kioti decided to forgo the inner filter because removing/replacing it on my machine requires unhooking the breather canister to provide access for the filter. I went the extra mile and installed both inner and outer filters.

/ CK25 and other similar models --- Air Filter #7  
I bought my CK25 new in 05 ( I think that's when) and it only had one filter as mentioned above. My servicing dealer never mentioned anything about an inner filter but I can see advantages in real dusty instances.

/ CK25 and other similar models --- Air Filter #8  
I bought my CK30 new in 2013 and it came with only the outer filter as well.

/ CK25 and other similar models --- Air Filter #9  
That's not good news, since I got it it hasn't had the inner, and I don't know how long before that. I have had it 3 years. I only noticed the inner doing my search. All the filter kits I have seen and purchased only include the outer. So that is all I have ever put in it. DANG, and I have used it in some pretty dusty condition! I will be ordering the pair promptly.

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Brian

The inner air filter is an option for the CK line - it is standard equipment on the CK se line. I ordered one with my CK2610, on my CK3510se it was standard - the inner is for extreme dust conditions - if you feel you need one, you can install it, so far I'm not sure I really need one, with 100hrs, nothing I've done has allowed any "dust" at all on the inner filter - I'll wait till I have around 400 to make my final decision but unless I can see at lease a little dirt I won't be considering another one...

/ CK25 and other similar models --- Air Filter #10  
The inner air filter is an option for the CK line - it is standard equipment on the CK se line.

Did not know that.

My new 2005 CK30 came without inner, as above, but my new 2010 Bobcat CT230 came with both. Almost the same tractor, with identical air filter housings.