CK25 did it!

/ CK25 did it! #1  

coasterez

Banned
Tractor
Kioti CK25, JD425 AWS
Hey guys,

For those interested, posted some pics in the Kioti photo section of a giant stump I just removed with my CK25. I was about to give up on this one, when all of a sudden it started to move! Got it loose and then had a little trouble getting it out of the hole. Broke a 2600 lb chain and had to get a 5400 lb one to get it out. Even though the stump weighed far more than the capacities of the CK25, the tractor still got the job done. Love this machine!

Stump had to go cause it was sitting right on top of my septic line, which I was replacing. But, I didn't want to break the pipe until the stump was out of the way. So, I had to be careful under one side of the stump. Couldn't quite be as rough with it as I would have liked. Hole was about 15 feet in diameter and about 4 feet deep. I was just about at the reach limits on my rhino 75 when it came loose. I finished the 45 foot trench, replaced the pipe and backfilled all in one day. Not too bad for a rookie. And quite excellent for the CK!

Tom

/ CK25 did it! #2  
Well okay! Now that you've become a stump master, you need to become a pic master. We want pictures! We want pictures! Don't you know that? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CK25 did it! #3  
Great Pictures!

That is a huge stump. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
It's great seeing the stump finally start moving after working it for some time.
I am jealous of that toothbar you have, I need one bad for the excavation I'm doing now.

Where did you get your's ?

For those looking for the pictures, here is a link.

/ CK25 did it!
I had the toothbar installed when I bought the tractor - from Wallace, of course.

/ CK25 did it! #5  
That's a big stump. It just goes to show what the CK's with BH can do. And of course your determination. Nice tooth bar as Dmace mentioned. I can see where they would really help. Another item to my wish list.

/ CK25 did it! #6  
You put a hurtin on that stump, I think you are past the rookie stage! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ CK25 did it!
Thanks to all. Actually, this was my 4th stump. The others were a piece of cake compared to this one, though. But, I AM still a rookie. I only have 25 hours total on my new CK25. I've been using the heck out of her though. I've only had her since early March. Took out five big yews today and a couple of small hemlocks. Then spread a couple of yards of mulch. Love not having to pick up that hand shovel! Now if I just had a bigger trailer!@#%$