Oil & Fuel CK2610 Front Axle Dipstick- Screw It In When Measuring?

/ CK2610 Front Axle Dipstick- Screw It In When Measuring? #1  

toukow

Silver Member
Tractor
2019 Kioti CK2610HST, Ford 1700 (Gone)
Perhaps a trivial question, but I'll ask just the same. In the past I had read that generally screw type dipsticks are not screwed in when measuring unless specified differently by the manufacturer. As usual I may be missing it, but when I look through the manual I only see the section on how to change the front axle oil, and it says to refer to the same section (Maintenance) under 'lubrication system' to check the level, which doesn't exist. Did I just overlook the information? What do you typically do when checking yours? Thanks, Toukow

/ CK2610 Front Axle Dipstick- Screw It In When Measuring? #2  
I have always screwed mine in to check, don稚 know what the actual correct way is. But just FYI, after changing fluid, make sure to check a few times afterwards. It seems to take a while for the fluid to all settle and will be low.

/ CK2610 Front Axle Dipstick- Screw It In When Measuring?
I have always screwed mine in to check, don稚 know what the actual correct way is. But just FYI, after changing fluid, make sure to check a few times afterwards. It seems to take a while for the fluid to all settle and will be low.

Thanks! I called my dealer to see what he put in the front axle since it lists either gear oil OR transmission fluid, and he said SAE 90 gear oil. I asked how they measure, and he said they do NOT screw it in. Just another point of reference. To your point, I ended up adding 3/4 quart after 22 hours of usage as it's a new tractor.

I've been checking mine while cold, so hope that's correct. Topping it off brought it to the 1/2 way mark on the dipstick WITHOUT it being screwed in, then screwed it in to recheck. It seems to be at the upper mark once screwed in, so I guess I'm good with either approach if done this way.

Thanks, Toukow