CK2610HST - What items are mandatory?

/ CK2610HST - What items are mandatory? #21  
Rear remotes, a must! I got different types of valves for my NX, but cannot tell you exactly what kind: I know that one that I use for my grapple I'm able to just hit the lever and it'll lock and hold that operation, open or close, until I put it back into the neutral position- I'll be driving into a pile of branches/debris and do a quick slap of the lever to close the grapple as I then use that hand to manipulate the loader control real quick, then pop the valve back to neutral. And while you're thinking of rear remotes think about adding a hydraulic top link (it'll be an aftermarket addition, plenty of info on this site to figure it out).

The retractable/adjustable lower link arm ends are, if you can get them, well worth it. If you get quick hitch ready attachments they hook up really easy even without the quick hitch: that's how I do it; and on my B7800 it's the ONLY way to do it as the link arms use turnbuckles and, frankly, suck. Just shoving in pins is easy enough. Also, not sure if it's something available on this class of tractor, but my NX has a lever in the rear to manually operate the link arm height; with a cab that's especially necessary because you cannot reach the cockpit lever, as I do with my B7800 (open station).

I fully agree with skipping the backhoe attachment and just renting an excavator. That's what I do (I'll be renting a couple here next week). I've also rented a skid steer with an auger when I did my fencing project; much easier to reorient your position with a skid steer (you get to look right at where you are drilling); and then there's the fact that you can reverse auger position, something that you can't do with a PTO driven auger- I was 3' to 4' deep and clogging up with clayish soil and wouldn't have been able to pull up the auger if not for the fact that I could reverse it (the weight was sometimes really something, heavy wet clay!).

I gave up on quick hitches a long time ago. My B7800 really needs one but not all of my implements would work with one. And hooking up PTO shafts is harder because the quick hitch presents more stuff to have to work around. Even gave Pat's quick hitch a try, but my B7800 is just totally a pain, the link arms are only constrained by turnbuckles (they flop about when trying to hook stuff up- not an issue with the quick hitch). As noted above, with my NX and it's adjustable link arms and the manual control lever in the rear it's pretty easy to hook up most things. Quick hitches put things our a bit further, cutting down on lifting capacity; not likely a big hit, but it's something to consider; and, if you have existing PTO implements you need to verify that shaft lengths are still good (not too short- there are extenders for the tractor PTO shaft, but I haven't used one so I cannot really speak toe real world use/viability).

/ CK2610HST - What items are mandatory? #22  
If you go with a grapple you need a third function. If you have more or are going to have more than one or two rear implements a quick hitch is definitely the way to go. When I first bought my tractor I insisted on the dealer adding the telescope links you don稚 need them and don稚 pay for them unless it comes with the tractor or if heç—´ throwing them in for free . if youæ±*e going to go with a quick hitch. I use my tractor for six months without the quick hitch because for some reason I didn稚 understand the quick kitchen I was intimidated and people said that you don稚 need them with the telescopic links well you really don稚 but trust me like everybody else says they are awesome once youæ±*e set up Get the harbor freight quick hitch with an online coupon you can get it for like $90. But if you get the hf youæ±*e gonna need to buy an aftermarket top hook The hook that comes with it causes issues you can do some research on it. $40 what I paid for mine. So for about $130 youæ±*e gonna get a good quick hitch. You don稚 need to buy the expensive quick hitch laccessories. Just go to a regular tractor store and all you need to do is add some bushings. They were a quarter of the price. I bought some large thick washers which go on the end and that was it I think I paid for all five of my implements maybe $50 . To get set up . You may have to get a PTO extender. Which is an additional $35 if youæ±*e running a brush hog
So for me it was under $200 it was the best $200 I spent next to a hydraulic top link which you can buy for 150 bucks and I highly recommend that as well. If you’re going to use a grapple you may want to add a brush guard. Many people have punctured their grills without protection you can look it up on the site I posted some pictures of the one I built. Believe me I’m very careful but then branches can come out of nowhere and caused some expensive damage. This is all a learning curve i’m a newbie as well but after six months on my tractor this is been my learning experience

Last edited:
   / CK2610HST - What items are mandatory? #23  
Hi,
Building in Hillsboro and was curious on what dealer you bought the Kioti?

/ CK2610HST - What items are mandatory? #24  
Hi,
Building in Hillsboro and was curious on what dealer you bought the Kioti?

Which state? If you are in Hillsboro NH there are several you could choose from. My dealer is Concord Tractor in Chichester and they’ve been fantastic to do business with.