CK30 Hard to get into 4wd

/ CK30 Hard to get into 4wd #1  

cwb440

Tractor
2007 Kioti ck30hst
Tap the handle down with a block of wood and it goes in, but not shure what the problem is. It goes back into 2wd easy enough. Any ideas?

/ CK30 Hard to get into 4wd #3  
Even after 13 years - my M6040 goes into 4WD easier when the tractor is moving slowly.

/ CK30 Hard to get into 4wd #4  
I agree lifting the front wheels can help. I also put it in neutral and touch the HST forward and reverse, but not when pushing the 4wd lever. Both seem to help getting into and out of 4wd.

/ CK30 Hard to get into 4wd
Thank you all, I will try all of the above!

/ CK30 Hard to get into 4wd #6  
Mine goes in/out better if I drive straight a little first, and maybe back up a tad. I never thought of the front wheels off the ground trick.

/ CK30 Hard to get into 4wd
Lifted the wheels off the ground with the bucket and bam! goes in and out easily, Didn't even try the other methods yet so, thanks again all.

/ CK30 Hard to get into 4wd #8  
Is it better when you lift the front wheels off the ground with the loader?
Thank you, thank you, I could kiss your feet, but they probably have cooties. :devilish:
This makes my life SooOoooOOooOOoo much easier. I would never have thought about lifting the damn wheels.

/ CK30 Hard to get into 4wd #9  
Never force any shift lever. If it doesn't go in, it's because things are not aligned properly.

In this case, the 4WD lever, if it's hard to get it and out, then there is a lot of tension on that drive line to disengage or the teeth are lot aligned properly to engage. The loader trick works great. Another one is to just go forward a little bit, then stop, go backwards slowly while applying gentle pressure on the lever to either engage or disengage.

The more you get to know the tractor and it's quirks, the easier it gets.