CK30 HST Oil Cooler

/ CK30 HST Oil Cooler #1  

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
As mentioned in another post, my oil cooler (in front of the radiator) is seeping where the top pipe fitting is.
This leak destroyed my alternator.
Does anyone know whether it has O rings or copper washers at the fittings?
Gotta fix it asap.
I tried tightening but it wouldn't budge at all. Just hope it doesn't crack something when I try loosening it off.

This is the only leak the tractor has ever had since new. (2006)

/ CK30 HST Oil Cooler #2  
How about a picture of the fitting

/ CK30 HST Oil Cooler #3  
My CK30hst is a 2004 model year and the oil cooler fittings use o-rings. Those bolts are called banjo bolts. You'll need two o-rings per side. I believe yours should be the same. You might be able to find the part here in these diagrams to be sure and then match them up at an auto parts store.
Parts Finder Michigan Iron & Equipment Morrice, MI (855) 265-459

/ CK30 HST Oil Cooler #4  
As mentioned in another post, my oil cooler (in front of the radiator) is seeping where the top pipe fitting is.
This leak destroyed my alternator. Does anyone know whether it has O rings or copper washers at the fittings?Gotta fix it asap.
I tried tightening but it wouldn't budge at all. Just hope it doesn't crack something when I try loosening it off. This is the only leak the tractor has ever had since new. (2006)

A quick fix would be teflon tape around the screw or locktite

/ CK30 HST Oil Cooler
Thanks VictorW. I suspected that as I can't see any sign of a washer. Only a seal would start leaking like that.
I gave it a run after I fitted the alternator and it got wet quite quickly.
As soon as my back allows me I will dismantle it. I should have some O rings on hand.

/ CK30 HST Oil Cooler #6  
A quick fix would be teflon tape around the screw or locktite

Because a banjo bolt is used with slight counterbores on each side of the metal line fitting end, teflon tape wouldn't work. You probably could get by for a while with a sealing washer of some sort but it's really made to use o-rings.

/ CK30 HST Oil Cooler #7  
Because a banjo bolt is used with slight counterbores on each side of the metal line fitting end, teflon tape wouldn't work. You probably could get by for a while with a sealing washer of some sort but it's really made to use o-rings.

Absolutely, my suggestion was for a temporary fix.

/ CK30 HST Oil Cooler
All fixed. It was a banjo bolt with 2 x 'O' rings. I had to remove the pipe to get to the 2nd 'O' ring. The other end of the pipe has a ferrul type end so no seal required there. I actually had some seals in a kit in my workshop.
Sharpened my flail mower and put him back to work. He was starting to get a bit lazy. :)

/ CK30 HST Oil Cooler
Well, I thought it was fixed...
I found it seeping again so I bought some more O rings and fitted them. (getting good at it now.)
It leaked worse than before.
I decided there must be something more ominus than I first thoght
Struggling to get in with some magnifying glasses to inspect the oil cooler and walaaa. There is a hairline crack through the large nut welded to the oil cooler. (aluminium)
Darn it! Looks like I am up for a new oil cooler. Bet they are not cheap. I will just have to park the Panther in the shed for a while. At least I got some critical jobs done before it finally let me down.

/ CK30 HST Oil Cooler
Finally managed to buy a new Tx Oil Cooler and fitted it on yesterday. Tractor has been sitting so the battery is now cactused. I had a new battery in a Ute I have fitted meantime.

Now, when I came to fit the new cooler I found a problem. I bolted it in place and when I tried to fit the Oil pressure pipe on the Right hand side I found there was a 4 mm gap between the bottom of the fitting and the oil cooler. I wonder if this was ignored at the factory and the fitting was just force tightened causing stress and therefore a fracture. Because the pipes are not flexible there is no 'give' and fitting must be precise.
Solution..
I removed the oil cooler and using a round file, elongated the mounting bracket holes so that I could slide the cooler position up higher to meet the pipe fittings so there was no stress.
This worked out perfectly so now my tractor is back in action ready for the mowing season.

Cost of Cooler was Au $440.44 + freight.