CK30 HST sticky pedal

/ CK30 HST sticky pedal #1  

randot

Bronze Member
Tractor
DK 40SE
Has anyone noticed a change on a ck 30 HST pedal on how fast it returns from full down either in forward or reverse? Mine pedal is normal when the tractor is off, but when running either hot or cold, hi or mid range, the pedal seems slow to return to the neutral position and the tractor does not stop as quickly as it once did. The tractor is 2 with 170 hours. Had a friend drive it without telling him about the pedal, and he almost pushed the bucket into the house. I saw one thread that talked about an update for older models of the HST, but mine did not fall in that category. Thanks for any input, Randy

/ CK30 HST sticky pedal #2  
I had a similar issue, until I noticed that the Cruise Control was on. :eek:

/ CK30 HST sticky pedal #3  
Keep the mechanism well lubed as it will get sluggish. There is a grease fitting on it as well.

Steve

/ CK30 HST sticky pedal
Update: The tractor just spent 3 weeks at a dealer, I used the closest found with a dealer search, the pedal now sticks worse, but only when it is under a load. Going up a slight hill the pedal stays down, level out and it comes up normally. It works fine on level ground. Dealer was also supposed to change the loader control valve to repair bucket bleed off issue. I am not 100 % sure, but the valve looks allot like the one that was on there when I dropped it off as evidenced by the grime on it and the loader seems to uncurl faster than it did before with the tractor off, about an inch every 5 minutes. Off to the original dealer, just a bummer to have to go so far when the local one does not work out.

/ CK30 HST sticky pedal
Found the problem, HST unit was bad and Kioti is replacing it under warranty. It was getting dangerous to operate the tractor close to anything because you did not know when the pedal would stick and you would have to manually center it. Since I did not have time to wait at the dealer for an HS drive unit to come in and be installed, I was given a super deal on a trade in and left with a DK40 SE HST. A good dealer makes all the difference and Little Tractor and equipment in Metropolis IL is proof that no sale is ever final.

/ CK30 HST sticky pedal #6  
Good on Kioti and outstanding dealer. Though you been through some problems with your ex-tractor. Nice TradeUp, now you've got a MUT instead of a CUT.

medium utility tractor