Ck30 manual fuel cutoff

/ Ck30 manual fuel cutoff #1  

Steve_Miller

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 Kioti CK30HST
Has anyone cobbled up or seen a manual cable fuel shutoff for a CK30. Since repairing my own injector rack I have been contemplating trying to gear something up and disconnect the solenoid because I know it’s just a matter of time before it will happen again with that solenoid slamming the rack closed and break some more teeth off. I’m pretty sure my original CK20 had a cabled manual shut off if I remember correctly.

Steve

/ Ck30 manual fuel cutoff #2  
My 2004 manufactured year CK30hst has the manual shut off from factory at the right lower part of the dash. I believe I have the previous style solenoid set up where the solenoid is powered for about 8 seconds to turn off the fuel when the key is turned off and then the injection pump is back to open. My solenoid isn't energized for the engine to run. You may be able to look up in parts and see if that cable would work for yours.

/ Ck30 manual fuel cutoff #3  
You could wire a separate circuit directly to the battery with a lighted switch on the dash. I would use one with a safety cover over it, so you don稚 accidentally hit it while in use.

/ Ck30 manual fuel cutoff #4  
Yeah, right! A MFCO should be standard. Luckily mine is gear. So, when my rack failed and the engine was headed to runaway, I just stalled it with the clutch. Not possible on the HSTs. I think the European/UK Kiotis have to have the MFCO by law. So, I would think you could get the parts. Might take awhile since this is likely not stocked in Georgia. Ask a knowledgeable dealer.

/ Ck30 manual fuel cutoff
Geepers, I can't even remember how mine worked now. Does the solenoid just close the fuel supply for that eight seconds then release or is it set up different than Vic's 2004? Any dealers know? I looked up the parts numbers for the cable and clamp but want to make sure that's all I need before ordering them. I was just planning on pulling the connector off the existing solenoid and putting the cable on instead.

Thanks
Steve

/ Ck30 manual fuel cutoff #6  
Kioti did make a change with the solenoids and I can't remember exactly what year. You can check your's though. With the hood open and watching the solenoid, turn the key to on. If the solenoid energizes, it's the newer style that the solenoid needs power to open the IP. If the solenoid does nothing and then only energizes for the approximately 8 seconds when the key is turned to off, that's the old style. I still think you could hook up the cable on the new style and have it work manually rather than with the solenoid. Those parts from my year would work but might need a little adapting at the IP. I haven't seen the linkage at the IP of a newer style to know exactly what you would need to do but it is possible.

/ Ck30 manual fuel cutoff #7  
Yeah, right! A MFCO should be standard. Luckily mine is gear. So, when my rack failed and the engine was headed to runaway, I just stalled it with the clutch. Not possible on the HSTs. I think the European/UK Kiotis have to have the MFCO by law. So, I would think you could get the parts. Might take awhile since this is likely not stocked in Georgia. Ask a knowledgeable dealer.

On my unit there is a manual shut off valve at the fuel filter (its a 3 position to bleed air too). I would think you should have one too.

/ Ck30 manual fuel cutoff #8  
on my DK45 ive modified the original shut off solenoid so i could shut it off by pushing down the front rod while engine was running. i had to make this when the solonoid failed and engine wouldnt shut down. the part failed on a friday and i needed the tractor to work until i could get into town to get part the next week.

worked fine. i had to pull it out to start and push it in to stop (or was it the other way around) that was 4 -5 years ago. the replacement unit has worked flawlessly but i kept the modified one just in case. i could have easily added a pull cable mechanism to control this from inside cab. i still like the old fashioned pull to stop levers from bygone days.

/ Ck30 manual fuel cutoff #9  
On my unit there is a manual shut off valve at the fuel filter (its a 3 position to bleed air too). I would think you should have one too.

Yes, I have what you describe. By the time you set the brake, get off the tractor, get the hood open and turn that off and wait on the bowl to drain, it may be too late. I'm talking an emergency shutoff from the seat.

/ Ck30 manual fuel cutoff #10  
IF you look closely at your engine I think you'll find a manual shut-off lever..
Just cobble a universal choke cable[5.00] to the lever, drill a small hole by or under the seat & your golden.