CK30 sticky throttle

/ CK30 sticky throttle #1  

Duckdogs

Tractor
Kioti CK30
It seems like I read about this but now can't find it. The throttle does not move smoothly away from idle. Fact is, it sticks and requires force. as a consequence it jumps from idle to 2000 or higher. Not at all smooth. Is there some adjustment to the tension ?

/ CK30 sticky throttle #2  
Mine was a little stiff but doesn't sound as bad as yours. If you look under the dash on the righth side, you'll see the rest of the throttle rod. There's nuts to loosen and adjust the tension but I didn't have anything that would get into the small space. If I remember right, it was a double nutted affair. Maybe one of the dealers might have the trick. I just lubed up the friction points on the rod with some spray lithium grease and used a cable grease adapter that I had for motorcycle cables and lubed the entire cable from the injector side. Mine still has tension but is nice and smooth acting and doesn't creep from vibration or use.

/ CK30 sticky throttle #3  
Mine is sticky too and has been getting worse with time. I like to warm up at half of pto speed and I find it difficult to get to a particular RPM without overshooting and the undershooting. I just lubed the HST pivot, should have remembered to hit the friction parts of the throttle.

/ CK30 sticky throttle #4  
Work it back and forth a bit if it is still sticky, you can back off the friction nut or lube it a little.
When they set they tend to rust a little under the friction washer.
If you back it off too far it won't hold it at the correct RPM and will slowly return to idle.

KO

/ CK30 sticky throttle #5  
As others have mentioned, you can adjust the tension by backing off the 2 nuts on the tension point. But it is difficult to get to without loosening the plastic cover around the dash. Begin by removing the four studs from the plastic panel under the steering wheel and removing the panel. Then there are 6 or 8 studs holding the plastic dash cover in place. Once you have the dash cover loose but not taken off entirely, you have just enough room to get to the two nuts. Once adjusted to the proper tension, the second nut is a jam nut to keep the first nut from creeping. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ CK30 sticky throttle #6  
My wife has small hands!
My girlfriends hands are even smaller!
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KO

/ CK30 sticky throttle #7  
DD,

Before i took the dash apart, i would grease the pivot points and cable. My tractor new wouldn't hold rpm due to loose throttle nuts so i took it apart and tighened them. And that was much more frustrating than having to sometimes use 2 hands to "set" the throttle, which is what i do now. I find the throttle lever to be at an odd ergonomic angle and would much prefer an up & down lever like i had on my old Yanmar. I am getting used to it, so it may just be the fact that it is new.

RD

/ CK30 sticky throttle #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My wife has small hands!
My girlfriends hands are even smaller!
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KO )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CK30 sticky throttle #9  
Hope your wife doesn't check out this site /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CK30 sticky throttle #10  
Your girlfriend's hands might just work. I hope you have a small wrench for her to use. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif