CK30HST followed me home

/ CK30HST followed me home #1  

Highbeam

Tractor
Kioti CK30HST
After much research and after selling my dozer, I went to a Kioti dealer. I at first was sold on the DK40 but a few things swayed me over to a CK30HST. I picked this one up at the Kioti/JD dealer in Port Orchard Washington. The dealer is a long term merchant of the town, 1917, and been selling JD since 1985 and Kioti this year. His shop appears to be well equipped with friendly mechanics. Anyway, he is as local as I could get and it turns out he was very competitive and helpful.

I picked up the Kioti and the JD green 5' box blade. I plan to go back this coming weekend for the 5' rotary mower.

I put a good 5 hours on the machine smoothing out roads and just testing things out. The bucket appears pretty flimsy but sufficient for most tasks. Loader is great. The operator's position and seat is also very pleasant with the exception of the lousy location of the ignition switch, I bumped the tractor off twice with my knee. There is a PTO light on the dash that does not light up with the PTO engaged, am I missing something or is this supposed to light up? The tractor is equipped with the optional 1000 rpm pto too but no remotes... yet.

The tractor in the picture is setting on my new trailer as described in a previous post in the own/op forum. I am very happy with the trailer and it towed straight as an arrow while giving the half ton pickup no trouble. Note the W/D hitch.

More to follow.....

Attachments

• 724141-j1.JPG
    724141-j1.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 429
   / CK30HST followed me home
The CK is equipped with radiator screens to catch what makes it through the grille screens. Unfortunately Kioti screwed up and made it impossible to slide the passenger side screen over to be lifted out and cleaned. The only way to remove the pside screen is to remove the air tube.

That will only be done once since I will modify the screen to make it removable after sliding it over to the dside. The screens got dirty very quickly and will need to be easily removed.

Attachments

• 724143-j2.JPG
    724143-j2.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 303
This picture shows the bottom. Since I have no mid-PTO, the lowest hanging thing is the drawbar on the rear and then that goofy tie rod in front. The tie rod hangs down there jsut asking for a stump to take it out and the ends are not greasable, totally lame. Time will tell how long this tie rod lasts. It seems the linkage and filters ride pretty high, also the loader mounts offer a place to attach a belly pan.....

Attachments

• 724146-j3.JPG
    724146-j3.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 323
Back on the trailer and home. I gave it a wash job and waxed all the sheet metal. I believe in a good coating in the beginning to protect the machine from scratches and oxidation. The finish seems pretty good.

I checked the air pressure in the tires and found the right-rear to be at 41 psi which is way over the 35 psi max printed on the tire and the 30 psi as recommended in the manual. Fronts were at 40 which is less than the 50 max and as shown in the manual.

The hydro fluid was a good inch above the full line. How big of a deal is this? Can I correct after 50 hours or should I siphon some off?

The beer holder on the fender does very well.

Attachments

• 724148-j4.JPG
    724148-j4.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 295
   / CK30HST followed me home #5  
Thanks for a fair and honest evaluation of your new gem. I like the Kiotis too and your 4000 lb'er looks like a great machine. I think you made a great choice and wish you the best of luck!

/ CK30HST followed me home #6  
The radiator screen issue was discussed before. I just slide the right side over and lift out on my CK30HST. There were others who said they couldn't do this and then again there were those who said they didn't have this problem. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ CK30HST followed me home #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The radiator screen issue was discussed before. I just slide the right side over and lift out on my CK30HST. There were others who said they couldn't do this and then again there were those who said they didn't have this problem. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )</font>

Same here. No problem at all.

/ CK30HST followed me home #8  
Yep, no problem here with the screen. Just pull the right side straight out and then slide the left side over to the right side and pull it out. Have fun with your new machine.

/ CK30HST followed me home #9  
The payment book followed me home too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif