CK30HST Inspection/Intro

/ CK30HST Inspection/Intro #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
I'm expecting delivery of my brand new CK30HST at the end of the week. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Before delivery, my wife and I will go to the dealers site for intro and training. I made this as part of the deal for a couple of reasons:
1. Where we live, only .2 acre lot, virtually no opportunity to play, I mean learn. I do have a couple of task, but nothing appropriate.
2. Within a rather short time, perhaps 2 weeks, the tractor and attachments will be placed in a container and shipped to Hawaii. I may not get any good seat time until August. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
3. By checking out the equipment at the dealer's, I'm hoping that we can identify any immediate problem and get it taken care of before delivery.
4. Dealer has agreed, I can video the instruction.

So, how can you help? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What should I look for at the dealers? Any particular problem or concern that you experienced? Adjustments? Anything missing? Any particular function I need pay more attention to? While my dealer has assured me of good part and tech support, I will not have Kioti service available on island. Yep, I considered that in my decision. I had initially hoped to work the tractor at least a few hours and get the kinks out before shipping, but that opportunity has slipped away.

I'm still confident Kioti was a great choice, just thought I'd ask for TBN help in this early stage.
Thanks for any input. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

David

/ CK30HST Inspection/Intro #2  
Make sure you get the OWNERS manual and read it thoroughly. You should probably see if you can get a REPAIR manual (free of course) from the dealer too. Have them send it to you by US Mail. Doubtful that it's in stock.
Make sure you keep your Internet connection tuned to TBN! There isn't anything that I have read that somebody has not been able to answer with solutions. Good luck and keep us posted as to how everything at the dealership goes. Gerard

/ CK30HST Inspection/Intro #3  
Just out of curiosity, how much is it costing you to ship it to Hawaii?

I'm negotiating with several moving companies to bring over a snow cat from England and the price swings between bids are insane. Granted I have some customs fees and other issues to deal with but after I exclude the port fees, customs fees, etc, the bids still have a spread of over $1200 between high and low (with the low bid about $2000+fees) from England to NY Harbor.

/ CK30HST Inspection/Intro #4  
Where exactly in Hawaii are you moving. I use to have family down there. Also there is a Kioti dealer somewhere down in those parts. Not sure which island he is on.

/ CK30HST Inspection/Intro
Bob

The cost question is tough to answer. I already knew I'd be shipping stuff via container, something more than a 20 footer, not more than a 40. Basically, a 20 footer is around $4000 from here in Atlanta to Hilo. I've decided I will ship 2 20 footers. One will contain the tractor and crammed full of tools, building stuff, basically anything else I can fit. As it will be crammed full, probably not "fair" to attribute the full cost to the tractor. As I write this, I'm investigating purchasing the container and will keep for future use, incorporate into design of my tractor/utility shed. If I go this route, I'll send the tractor soon, take delivery on my April trip and leave everything secured in the container until I move. If I decide against container purchase, I will ship the tractor just before I move to time it's arrival after I am there so as not to be concerned about security. I currently leave my p/u at the property under the watchful eye of neighbors, but a brand spanking new CK30 - just might be too much tempation. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

BTW, instead of moving company, may you can deal through a broker or trans company directly and save on your snow cat relocation.

David

Great advice Gerald
I'm also getting the shop manual.
I am a manual reader believer.

Jon
We are moving to island of Hawaii, the Big Island, little town of Ninole, about 20 miles north of Hilo. where is your family?

According to Kioti, the only Kioti dealer in Hawaii is on the island of Maui - not exactly a trailer ride away. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

David

/ CK30HST Inspection/Intro #8  
<font color="red">
BTW, instead of moving company, may you can deal through a broker or trans company directly and save on your snow cat relocation. </font>

Actually the broker/transportation company avenue is coming in on the very high end. I contacted one company that another TBN member uses for his import business and they were highest priced of everyone and actually had more fees. About a decade ago I did some importing from Australia but don't remember having all the trouble I am having now! I expect the final cost for me will be close to $3K including customs fees. . . but I've got quotes that are up close to $4K and don't include all the fees.

WOW, more than 50 posts and I'm still a visitor.
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Is that a TBN record?

/ CK30HST Inspection/Intro #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( WOW, more than 50 posts and I'm still a visitor. )</font>
You're supposed to be listed as a bronze member now. Maybe Muhammed can fix it.
As for your question, just assure that you get everything that you're supposed to, i.e. seat belts, ROPS etc. The manuals for sure, including a parts manual if available.

I doubt you'll have any immediate problems other than maybe some minor adjustments that you can do yourself. I've had no issues with mine other than a platic knob on the ROPS that broke and was replaced.

Do put on a boxblade if possible, and use the rippers to rip and drag some soil so you can see how it does. Use the loader (get a toothbar if you didn't) and really try to move some dirt then check the fittings for leaks. Check all the filters for any leaks. Speaking of filters, go ahead and get enough oil, hydro, and fuel filters for at least a few changes. They're generally cheaper than many knockoffs and it won't hurt to have them in advance.
Have them show you how to put on a PTO shaft, say, using a brush cutter, and do a little brush cutting with it, learning how to adjust the top link and tail wheel etc. for best use. Unless you just happen to get a lemon, you most likely will not have any issues.
Always remember that you may contact me if you have any questions, and hopefully, I'll have an answer or will be able to get you one. John