CK3510 HST - PTO wont engage after mowing problem

/ CK3510 HST - PTO wont engage after mowing problem #1  

CoyotKid

Tractor
Kioti CK3510
I am a fairly novice tractor owner and was mowing in high brush and brambles with a flail ditch mower directly behind the tractor and it caught and jammed a foot long 4x4 into the housing and stopped the drum. Belts screamed, I got the clutch in and disengaged the PTO lever. Got onto the road and pried out the 4x4 but now the PTO won't engage. Any clues as to what I have done to my wonderful little tractor would be greatly appreciated. Am hoping this does not require a visit to the dealer. :newhere::anyone:

/ CK3510 HST - PTO wont engage after mowing problem #2  
Your slip clutch or shear bolt on your mowing implement is designed to protect your Tractor from serious damage occurring. So it's just possible the tractor PTO still engages, but when you hit the debris with the mower, your shear bolt broke. So if nothing on your mower is rotating, pull the old shear bolt off and replace with a new shear bolt of equal grade. Your mower instructions should assist you on changing shear bolts and its specifications. Tractor supply does carry shear bolts for most implements.

/ CK3510 HST - PTO wont engage after mowing problem
Your slip clutch or shear bolt on your mowing implement is designed to protect your Tractor from serious damage occurring. So it's just possible the tractor PTO still engages, but when you hit the debris with the mower, your shear bolt broke. So if nothing on your mower is rotating, pull the old shear bolt off and replace with a new shear bolt of equal grade. Your mower instructions should assist you on changing shear bolts and its specifications. Tractor supply does carry shear bolts for most implements.

Thanks for the quick response. In this case, the mower seems to be fine (other than some smoked belts). If I turn the PTO shaft by hand the drum rotates. I dropped the mower to move a trailer around and with nothing attached, the PTO lever still will not move out of the slot.

/ CK3510 HST - PTO wont engage after mowing problem #4  
Ok, glad to hear your flail mower is working fine. Thats most likely a cable problem with the PTO lever. I am quite sure nothing is actually damaged with your PTO or tractor clutch. Maybe when your mower hit the debris, you quickly wrenched the PTO lever to disengage it, and the cable is now in need of adjustment. Take a look at the cable to insure it is properly connected or needs adjustment. About every 300 hours use, the PTO lever cable needs some adjustment, so its something you need to learn early. I believe your tractor has a live PTO with a 2-stage clutch like mine. Though Kioti is starting to go to electronic PTO engagement switchs for all its tractors.

Last edited: